Ripe Insurance

Carthago138

Free Member

If taking out breakdown cover for the EU be careful as it only covers you fo 60 days out of the UK and 90 days total in the period of cover.But the Insurance covers you for trips of 90 days in the EU up to a total of 180 days in the period of cover. When I queried this I was told it's what the underwriter specified and can't be changed.

Hi I looked at Nationwide but as we spend our maximum 90 days in 180 I think the time extension needed would bump up the price to much. I probably posted in the wrong section as it was more of a heads up than a question that the breakdown and insurance even though taken out together have different time limits in th EU .

Hi I looked at Nationwide but as we spend our maximum 90 days in 180 I think the time extension needed would bump up the price to much. I probably posted in the wrong section as it was more of a heads up than a question that the breakdown and insurance even though taken out together have different time limits in th EU .
I’ve moved it to where you probably wanted it.

If taking out breakdown cover for the EU be careful as it only covers you fo 60 days out of the UK and 90 days total in the period of cover.But the Insurance covers you for trips of 90 days in the EU up to a total of 180 days in the period of cover. When I queried this I was told it's what the underwriter specified and can't be changed.
Depends entirely on what cover you take out and with which company you do so.

Obviously, but I am referring specifically to Ripe Insurance and Breakdown cover and even when taken out together they don't offer the same amount of days covered in the EU. I've been looking at CCC Ins and Breakdown, which also only covers trips of up to 60 days max 90 days per year, but will insure you for 270 days in EU. Not much use if you brake down after 60 days!

Obviously, but I am referring specifically to Ripe Insurance and Breakdown cover and even when taken out together they don't offer the same amount of days covered in the EU. I've been looking at CCC Ins and Breakdown, which also only covers trips of up to 60 days max 90 days per year, but will insure you for 270 days in EU. Not much use if you brake down after 60 days!
Might be worth checking out Safeguard.

Might be worth checking out Safeguard.
Hi I was with Safeguard for 12 years before they changed underwriter in 2019 and their prices went stupid, but the policy and breakdown are like for like for time in the EU. I did get a quote but unless my renewal is £300 more than last year I won't be going back.

Back