romantic route

cheyenne

Free Member

hi guys & gals . anyone toured this route in the summer after Spain we was going just when covid started ( in fact we was in Spain when the police came & sent everyone home ) so it was on hold . anyway we are off in august to do the tour as we have toured the route napoleon what a drive that was .this is some of the stops & views . Cheyanne

DSC01488.JPGDSC01511.JPGDSC01501.JPGDSC01494.JPGDSC01497.JPGDSC01500.JPG

If you mean the Romantic Strasse in Germany then yes a fantastic experience we followed it from Wartzburg right down to. Fusen super towns and Rivers half timbered houses, castles etc lots of stelplatz to overnight on most free, pick up leaflets from tourist offices on route full of info and all we're free,

We were doing the romantic road when we were locked down for covid!
We are there July, august, September this year ,
Give me a shout if you need any info ! We will be cycling the Altmuhltal and doing lots of gravel pit swimming

Yes we did but by car a few years ago now. Can recommend stopping in Heidelberg and as mentioned, Fussen. We didn't particularly find it 'romantic' but a nice drive none the less. The last 15 miles into the Alps were the best for us.

If you mean the Romantic Strasse in Germany then yes a fantastic experience we followed it from Wartzburg right down to. Fusen super towns and Rivers half timbered houses, castles etc lots of stelplatz to overnight on most free, pick up leaflets from tourist offices on route full of info and all we're free,
hi . yes it was the uk coach drivers years ago i think named it romantic route when they advertised outside corner shops ( showing my age now ) on black boards before the internet . yes we will be staying on the french side of the Mosel then in to fussen where they are 3 Aires ( camper contact ) there finishing at Wurzburg . cheyenne

Wll worth doing, Neuschwanstein Castle is worth visiting, Rothenburg ob der Tauber is another place to visit a medivel walled town with cobbled streets, Zur Holl is a lovely restaurant serving local dishes.

Loved every single moment of the Romantische Strasse back in 2018... what an amazing trip. Bavaria is stunning and so welcoming to motorhomes. A highlight for me - because I'd read about it decades ago - was seeing the Ries Crater (an impact crater). It's 15 miles across, getting on for 15 million years old and has the city of Nordlingen nestled within it with oodles of room to spare! There were storks nesting on the rooftops when we went there. Another highlight was parking up at the site of the old Olympic ski jump stadium at Garmish Partenkirken. We also took the train/cable car trip to the top of Zugspitze - the highest mountain in Germany, right on the Bavarian/Austrian border. Oh to have the chance to do it all again *sighs* :giggle:

But you did it and got there, and that's what matters most.

I constantly remind Yvonne that when we finally croak the things we will regret most are the things that we didn't do. 👍

Don't forget the nursery ryhme trail, the cuckoo clock trail, and the town clock trails either get info from the tourist offices , Hans Christian Anderson brought to life with Baron von Munchausen who rode on a Canon ball fired at the Castle so he could get into the castle to open the gates and also got stuck in a deep bog whilst riding his horse. How to get out, well he just grabbed his pony tale tugged it up above his head and pulled himself out of the bog including his horse and went on his adventures as you would, statues depicting all this on the trail, also the pied piper of Hamlin and all the rats he got rid of,

Loved every single moment of the Romantische Strasse back in 2018... what an amazing trip. Bavaria is stunning and so welcoming to motorhomes. A highlight for me - because I'd read about it decades ago - was seeing the Ries Crater (an impact crater). It's 15 miles across, getting on for 15 million years old and has the city of Nordlingen nestled within it with oodles of room to spare! There were storks nesting on the rooftops when we went there. Another highlight was parking up at the site of the old Olympic ski jump stadium at Garmish Partenkirken. We also took the train/cable car trip to the top of Zugspitze - the highest mountain in Germany, right on the Bavarian/Austrian border. Oh to have the chance to do it all again *sighs* :giggle:
hi. my late mother always said YOU are a long time sat in the chair looking at the back of the fire so get out there do& see while you can . as long as i can drive we will . Cheyanne

First time I went across I went with a customer, we went on motorcycles, he was a schoolteacher but I didn't know him other than the odd word in the pub, we rode through france and northern spain.

I called it the ABC tour.

Another bloody church, I split off on my own and had a much better time.

First time I went across I went with a customer, we went on motorcycles, he was a schoolteacher but I didn't know him other than the odd word in the pub, we rode through france and northern spain.

I called it the ABC tour.

Another bloody church, I split off on my own and had a much better time.
each to their own it would be a miserable life if we all liked the same . Cheyanne

I don't mind the odd church we often go into, but 6 or more every day is beyond reasonable and quite insensitive to drag someone around who you know has zero interest and it's their first time in the country.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back