Roof de-lamination

Dave k

Free Member

I have a SWIFT ESCAPE 644 motorhome, noticed ripples in the exterior roof skin above the overhead bed area, was away this weekend and was quite windy, could hear and fell the outer roof skin banging, buffeting in the wind, any thoughts or ideas how to solve the problem.
Many thanks in anticipation.

I have a SWIFT ESCAPE 644 motorhome, noticed ripples in the exterior roof skin above the overhead bed area, was away this weekend and was quite windy, could hear and fell the outer roof skin banging, buffeting in the wind, any thoughts or ideas how to solve the problem.
Many thanks in anticipation.

Possibly not delamination as such.... Some vans have a 'floating' skin over the habitation....

Our swift 590 is exactly the same.

We had a Swift 610. It had a “floating” roof too, though I never noticed any noise coming from it.
The section just before the overcab bed did appear to be stuck down I.e. there was no movement of the roof skin at that point. I wonder if yours is stuckdown in that area or has it come loose?

The only time I noticed noise from the 'floating' roof was when I had the Kayak on the roof at motorway speeds....

IMG_20200606_202525.jpg
Disconcerting at first....

Just a thought ... I guess if there was any gap for wind to get in, it could create a lot of noise in the gap between the layers in very windy days or when driving? maybe worth checking carefully for any loose or missing trim seals?

thanks for the replies, i've checked the roof all over and apart from around skylights and aerial, all of the roof skin has some play in it, not as much as over the bed, never hear any noise from the roof when driving. the only other part of the roof with no movement is right at the front where the curve of the roof is.
checked internally for damp but all is ok there.
Suppose its something we will have to just live with.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back