Rouen critair zone

Lee

Rally Organiser

Has anyone worked out whether you can transit through in a critair 3 motorhome without a fine.
We've been looking and it's left us bemused and muddled.
I find it difficult to believe that the main routes have critair regulations on them but I don't want to incur a massive diversion or a fine on my way to the sun in January. 🤔🙃🙂

I cannot answer your question, but can say there is a long thread on this subject on out and about live.

Davy

• Thank You
Reactions: Lee
I sort of remember from earlier in the year you needed a minimum class 3 to navigate Rouen..
4 and above is a no-go
Ours is a class 2, no fine sent to us yet, :oops:

• Thank You
Don't quote me on this, but I believe that if you stick to the main routes through/past Rouen then you should be OK in a fog belching old bus, however stray off those roads and head towards the city centre, then all of those areas are totally no go.

I've got the sticker, the problem is whether a class 3 is ok or not, as with all official information on the net it isn't very clear.
Lee,

If you follow Team Rienza's link, the answer to the question is towards the foot of Page 4 of the 'Out & About' discussion. Seems there is at least a temporary derogation until 2024, and the Thread has an English translation plus the original French email clarification from the Rouen authorities [might be handy to have both on your phone or printed in case of query by a tired Gendarme at the end of the Shift!

Steve

I have looked and decided that the diversion option is the safest, so unless I get confirmation that it is definitely OK, Linda will go into action and navigate around Rouen.
It'll be more relaxing and we'll see a bit of France 🇫🇷 we haven't seen before.

By all means take a diversion and see more of France. But, as said, a lot of investigation went into the thread on Out and About (Sherlock would be proud).

I don't think you can get any more confirmation than the reply sent to Derek..........

Sir,
By message left on the Métropole Rouen Normandie website, you wanted to know if you were authorized to drive in the ZFE-m of Rouen with your motorhome registered in England.

We confirm that motorhomes are authorized to circulate in the ZFE-m, until 2024, although your registration certificate does not contain the same information as French registration certificates.

In addition, vehicles registered in a foreign country are allowed to circulate in France, under the regime of the international conventions in force, keeping their number and their license plate, when the owner of the vehicle resides abroad. They must also wear the distinctive emblem of their country of origin in a visible manner on the back (art.11 decree of July 1, 1996).

Please accept, Sir, the expression of our best regards.

The ZFE-m Team
I'll be carrying the original French version we drive through Rouen.

I have looked and decided that the diversion option is the safest, so unless I get confirmation that it is definitely OK, Linda will go into action and navigate around Rouen.
It'll be more relaxing and we'll see a bit of France 🇫🇷 we haven't seen before.
There are some gorgeous villages to see in the area, before reaching the oh so boring flatlands going down towards the Loire, which is why we always head off towards the coastal regions, but not actually along the coast and oh so enjoy the France of many years ago.

Has anyone worked out whether you can transit through in a critair 3 motorhome without a fine.
We've been looking and it's left us bemused and muddled.
I find it difficult to believe that the main routes have critair regulations on them but I don't want to incur a massive diversion or a fine on my way to the sun in January. 🤔🙃🙂
It only applies to goods vehicles - https://rouen.fr/evenement/2022/11/zone-a-faibles-emissions-noubliez-pas-votre-vignette

"Vehicles with an "Air Crit" 4, 5 and "unclassified" sticker are affected by the Low Emission Zone ( ZFE ) in the territory of 13 municipalities of the Rouen Normandy Metropolis. Other cities are called upon to apply this measure: Greater Paris, Lyon, Aix-Marseille, Toulouse, Nice, Montpellier, Strasbourg, Grenoble, Reims and Saint-Etienne. As of December 31, 2024, the measure will be extended in France to concern 43 agglomerations with more than 150,000 inhabitants."

Never forget, if you do get yourself a emissions sticker to attach it to the correct side of your windscreens.
I failed the idiot's guide and put it on the wrong side. But someone told me the system works on number plate recognition and I'll be ok - do you think that's wrong?

I failed the idiot's guide and put it on the wrong side. But someone told me the system works on number plate recognition and I'll be ok - do you think that's wrong?
I did exactly the same and then found I couldn't remove the sticker and then said to myself "oh bugger it" and never had any problems!!

Yes Steve, but there are those amongst us who are in too much of a hurry and don't read the instructions, and that was me!!
Being a smug [old] git, I followed the pictorial guidance, and tried to adapt it by placing the sticker inside a self adhesive tax holder with pocket, so that I could remove it if a windscreen replacement was necessary ... But, a] the super adhesive sticker caught on the clear cover of the tax disc holder, so is mounted squinty; and b] I never checked whether the sticker needs to be mounted on the [UK] passenger side ... :rolleyes:

But, the purpose is surely to show that the Crit Aire sticker has been purchased and the Category of Pollution assessed? [fingers crossed]. If there is a problem, I'll be the one blocking the flow of traffic at the autoroute Toll Booth or similar. Done it with duff Bank Cards, problems with coinage etc, requiring me to reverse out of the Toll Lane. I'm no longer embarrassed by the loss of dignity, and any blast of horns or abuse passes me by. It's the poise that comes from years of practice, and Hilda Ogden's wonderful pan ache ... [delivered as she stood under the trio of plaster ducks, flying up the wall at the de rigeur 45 degrees ...] :D

Steve

My Crit’Air sticker has been bleached by sunlight to be a large unreadable yellow blob and almost meaningless. I've kept the paperwork that came with it so I'm not bothered.

I guess I'm just an adrenaline junky. 😄

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back