Rouen Marina anyone?

GMJ

Hi all

Has anyone stayed in Rouen in their MH? Specifically the aire at the Marina?

It says a max length of 8m on camper contact but it would be useful to know if can take a larger MH or if it is too small for that.

Thanks

Never stayed there but have often given it a thought, usually carry on to Pont de Arche ,always trying to get a few miles South when going to Spain or Portugal be interested in replies however.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there an aire at Pont de Arch?

Is there an aire at Pont de Arch?
Yes free out of season, next to the Municipal campsite, nice town and river, Supermarket over the road bridge and a garage with LPG refillable service ,great big Church / Abbey thingy there too .

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
Thanks Trigger

Is that the aire where the big tree is in the link you sent?

Thanks Trigger

Is that the aire where the big tree is in the link you sent?
Yes it is where the aire is but that is an old Google link it looks a lot different now in real life, I do not actually remember seeing the tree there, I probably had a few reds hee hee.

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
Email just received from Port de Rouen indicates that motorhomes should arrive during office hours (0900-1200 and 1430-1800) in order to enter the site. I assume that this is based on low season opening hours (indicating that they are now opening half an hour earlier in the afternoon than currently indicated in the Wild Camping location app [reported]).
When payment has been made, a "badge" (usually some form of smart card) will be issued that gives access to toilets, showers, launderette, and opens access gates.
There is no size limit.

Visited Pont de L'Arche aire over the years, it used to get over run by travellers before it became a 'proper' aire but its now a lot better now its relocated next to the campsite, although not free anymore you do get free access to the loo's and shower block included in the fee.

Pete

...only if the campsite is open I guess?

Good point Graham, campsite is open apr - oct and you pay at reception, i've never been outside those times but pretty sure its open all year, maybe a man comes round to collect the fees like the good old days. If he doesn't perhaps its an off season freebie, water etc might be turned off though. :)

Pete

It is free out of season water and toilet dump has always been available every time we have used the site on our winter jollies to Spain out and back

As you cross the bridge you take a left turn and just follow the road to the aire, river will be on your right all very easy.

Hi all

Has anyone stayed in Rouen in their MH? Specifically the aire at the Marina?

It says a max length of 8m on camper contact but it would be useful to know if can take a larger MH or if it is too small for that.

Thanks
I parked on the other side of the river for free. There are a number of locations on that side. Free, but no services

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back