Saga credit card charges

Clunegapyears

The Aged Ps, who travel a lot, just told me that the Saga credit card has now stopped doing free transactions in Europe. We have a Halifax clarity card, so they did an online application for that… Instantly granted a £10,000 credit limit!

Katherine, I’ve got a Halifax card also and I’ve found it to be very easy and fair with their exchange rate, and as it’s set up to be paid automatically each month in full I never forget or make a late payment. I can’t remember what the limit is, but it’s more than enough. It’s also useful to be able to draw cash (I’ve not yet had to) and do an immediate transfer from my bank so there’s no cash charges, I believe

We have the Halifax Clarity as well and that`s the same limit we were given but i reduced it.

It`s only used for fuel purchases so i can use the automated 24/7 fuel stations abroad and once for an emergency repair we needed.

It`s set to pay the balance IN FULL every month so no fees are incurred.

Normal purchases and ATM withdrawals are done on the Caxton FX card which are fee free once converted.

Some ATM`s make a charge so we go elsewhere to draw cash, we only keep a bit of cash with us and draw just enough as necessary.

This regime works for us and we are happy with it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back