Samsung Tablet that you can put your SIM direct into to save tethering.

Mobilvetta

Just posting this deal for those who have restricted tethering, doesn't seem a bad price for a LTE version.

Screenshot_20181209-150643.png

Not absolutely certain but if you put a phone SIM into your tablet to avoid tethering the phone companies can tell and can stop it working.

Didn't know they could distinguish between the two as it says that you can receive and make calls on this. But I'm not savvy when it comes to IT so you make be correct.

Cannotbelievethat price for a 4g tab. My Galaxy Tab S3 with 4g was £400 0n the black market.
Am also confused about which card to use. I don't need either minutes or texts - just data so that I can get internet when there is no wifi signal.
Just going to try Three card which is supposed to be data only.

Not absolutely certain but if you put a phone SIM into your tablet to avoid tethering the phone companies can tell and can stop it working.
Three used to do that. However, OFCOM investigated and told them they had to stop doing that, because it was illegal. Since October, you can use any Three sim in a tablet as you like.

Cannotbelievethat price for a 4g tab. My Galaxy Tab S3 with 4g was £400 0n the black market.
Am also confused about which card to use. I don't need either minutes or texts - just data so that I can get internet when there is no wifi signal.
Just going to try Three card which is supposed to be data only.

Unfortunately it did appear to be a good deal from a decent retailer, but it appears they have now sold out.

I have used both my O2 PAYG sim and my Virgin pay monthly sim in my Mifi when Three didn't get a signal so it should okay in a tablet.

Regards,
Del

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back