Saving the planet?

I think that is a breakdown. Or flat battery.

I don't think so, Phil.
It's the motoring equivalent of in-flight refueling of aircraft. This is the way in which the range of the next generation electric cars will be extended from a couple of hundred kilometres to virtually round-the-globe. The nearside lane of all smart motorways are apparently going to be set aside for the 'charging tractors'. In future if you are in need of a recharge whilst on the move you'll simply press on a phone app and the 'charging tractor' will pull alongside you and automatically connect to your vehicle without the need for you to even slow down. Payment is made automatically through the same app.
This technology also eliminates the need for thousands of electric car charging points around our beautiful island. They are, after all, both an eyesore and trip hazard.

Colin ???

Last edited:
BTW, I read recently (probably the BBC) that the UK now has more charging points for electric vehicles than it does petrol stations.

Colin ???

BTW 2, I read (probably the BBC) that the UK recently produced more energy from renewable sources than from coal.

Colin ???

BTW 2, I read (probably the BBC) that the UK recently produced more energy from renewable sources than from coal.

Colin ???

Actually we produced 8 times more electric from renewable over coal (24% renewables, 3% coal).

This Is why I laugh at the cartoons that you see of an electric car and s smoking power plant, the UK only produces 3% of its energy from coal now.

Most vehicle recharge points are powered by renewable energy.

It’s like the Disney movie monsters ink getting energy from scaring kids Until they discover they get 100 times more by making them laugh. Think positive. I quite fancy running my van on laughter. Think this heats getting to my brain.

The emissions figures are usually given in tonnes of CO2
when you look at percentages things look a bit different
CO2 in atmosphere 0.04%
CO2 down to Human activity 3%
CO2 produced by UK 1% so if UK didnt produce any CO2 that would make a difference of 1% of 3% of 0.04 % ?
China 28% of 3% !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back