Schengen Limits

runnach

Hello, even now if you leave the Uk for,over 3,months you are meant to deregister from your GP surgery. Many of you may have been winging this over the years, but it is far more likely to be policed in future.......
Very good point, I vividly recall a member of the sister site, who vacated the UK shores, to live within another EU country (perfectly legal) shout from the rooftops how great adopted country health system is, (which isn't that great, actually).

When serious illness arose, fled back to the motherland for treatment on our NHS. Now I have been called a hypocrite (not on this site) but it does seem hypocrisy in action when it suits others.

maja07

Yep...you're right....it's not all about us meandering motorhomers.....we're just a small minority in the larger group of persons affected by what happens with "free movement of people" when it all pans out !! All I can say is, won't it be a strange world if you can't be where you want to be, for as long as you want to be in this modern day and age !!! I reckon this schengen nonsense will eventually not apply to us as individual countries will not tolerate restrictions on their good old blighty comerades....there's me....the eternal optimist !!!! Maja

maja07

Ah....the GP thing....didn't know that either....but no mention when we arranged our more than 90 day health insurance and our GP surgery knows we are abroad more than 90 days too.....Maja

runnach

Ah....the GP thing....didn't know that either....but no mention when we arranged our more than 90 day health insurance and our GP surgery knows we are abroad more than 90 days too.....Maja
It is common knowledge, some who leave our shores tend to ignore this fact, till the chit hits the fan.

nabsim

Yep...you're right....it's not all about us meandering motorhomers.....we're just a small minority in the larger group of persons affected by what happens with "free movement of people" when it all pans out !! All I can say is, won't it be a strange world if you can't be where you want to be, for as long as you want to be in this modern day and age !!! I reckon this schengen nonsense will eventually not apply to us as individual countries will not tolerate restrictions on their good old blighty comerades....there's me....the eternal optimist !!!! Maja
Dunno Maja, this IS a motorhome forum so quite legit to put our own slant on it. :)

Enjoy the sun, we have weather warnings for high winds in NE Scotland to Moro’s into Tuesday so have booked on a site lol

maja07

....will be looking into this....but not much point till the "B" stuff is finalized....if ever !!! Until then will try not to be ill beyond the 90 day point LOL !!! Maja

Trotter

Yes I know we’re only a small minority,( can there be a big one, I dunno) , but now an important one.
I’m part of it now. Lol.
I’ve got my E111 polished,just in case.
Just as I get my act together, van, a few quid and more importantly,time. Everything changes, leaving Europe ( not saying the B word ) , global warming, dirty diesels, too bl***y old for reasonable health insurance prices.
It’s a conspiracy I tell you. I know I’m over reacting, it’s Sunday, nowt on telly ,, I’m bored. ?
Did I add, 30 working days until the trip ?

Trotter

Dunno Maja, this IS a motorhome forum so quite legit to put our own slant on it. :)

Enjoy the sun, we have weather warnings for high winds in NE Scotland to Moro’s into Tuesday so have booked on a site lol
High winds ? Been on the beans again?

That’ll be me again, lowering the tone of the conversation ?

maja07

Oh Hi Nabs.....yeah....me trying to keep the issues specifically Moho based.....with a slight political slant LOL !!
Might do Scotland when the novelty of warmer climates wear out !! Did the lochs in a cruiser the other year... brilliant and only rained once in two weeks..... how lucky was that....oops, me off the subject !!! Maja

runnach

....will be looking into this....but not much point till the "B" stuff is finalized....if ever !!! Until then will try not to be ill beyond the 90 day point LOL !!! Maja
I certainly hope you and yours never have reason to require medical aid. Isa Neal post was a pertinent one, which many of us do (not intentionally) have knowledge of. I found this out when I was offered a job in Saudi Arabia.

runnach

Purely out of curiosity, how many members who go over the 90 day rule, inform their health service?

Trotter

Hi Trotter were you headed.

Plan is, Dover Calais early 3rd March , down through France into Spain, follow the coast into Portugal, back into Spain,France then back home. Giving myself three months, unpaid from work, sort of a pre-retirement thing. Waited years for this and now it’s nearly here. Had the van ( Demi) a year now and spent far to much on it, gas ,solar, new charging system, bigger (free) batteries. And not to mention the help and encouragement from the good folks on here. I say not to mention so I won’t. They know who they are, Nabsim, Terry33, Wildebus, Charlie, so no need to say who they are then.?
‘Spose I should say thanks. Should! Nah!
So, if you see an 07 Adria Twin, with Adventure before DEMent1a in the window,give me a nod. Pound to a penny the kettle will be on.
Stay safe

runnach

Hi Trotter were you headed.

Plan is, Dover Calais early 3rd March , down through France into Spain, follow the coast into Portugal, back into Spain,France then back home. Giving myself three months, unpaid from work, sort of a pre-retirement thing. Waited years for this and now it’s nearly here. Had the van ( Demi) a year now and spent far to much on it, gas ,solar, new charging system, bigger (free) batteries. And not to mention the help and encouragement from the good folks on here. I say not to mention so I won’t. They know who they are, Nabsim, Terry33, Wildebus, Charlie, so no need to say who they are then.?
‘Spose I should say thanks. Should! Nah!
So, if you see an 07 Adria Twin, with Adventure before DEMent1a in the window,give me a nod. Pound to a penny the kettle will be on.
Stay safe
if over three month, will you inform NHS of this?

runnach

i forgot to add, at end of March we are out of the EU, please make sure you have proper care plans in place (private insurance) as we wont know the state of play????

Trotter

i forgot to add, at end of March we are out of the EU, please make sure you have proper care plans in place (private insurance) as we wont know the state of play????
Trying to sort things out. The present state of the brexsh1t negotiations don’t help planning ( not political) . Let’s face it,we don’t even know if and when we’re leaving,according to the news today. Still unsure if I’ll need a international driving permit.
What I do know is, I’m going. Deal or no deal. Was that brexit or Noel Edmonds?

runnach

Trying to sort things out. The present state of the brexsh1t negotiations don’t help planning ( not political) . Let’s face it,we don’t even know if and when we’re leaving,according to the news today. Still unsure if I’ll need a international driving permit.
What I do know is, I’m going. Deal or no deal. Was that brexit or Noel Edmonds?
Good reply Mr T, we have so many prima donna's, that know our world will collapse after the B day. There are also the hypocrites, who know they flaunt the rules when informing NHS of extended leave periods.#

Tomorrow I return to work, my first day tomorrow, I do envy you and your pending trip, I seriously doubt once we leave the cash cow EU, our lives will take a nose dive!

nabsim

Good reply Mr T, we have so many prima donna's, that know our world will collapse after the B day. There are also the hypocrites, who know they flaunt the rules when informing NHS of extended leave periods.#

Tomorrow I return to work, my first day tomorrow, I do envy you and your pending trip, I seriously doubt once we leave the cash cow EU, our lives will take a nose dive!
When I spoke to my doctor about it Terry I said I was hoping to begon at least 3 months he said they were happy to give me six moths worth of prescriptions, is this what you mean?

barryd

Purely out of curiosity, how many members who go over the 90 day rule, inform their health service?
I think the rule is if you are leaving for more than three months your supposed to deregister with your GP and register with them or a new one on your return but I dont know anyone who has bothered. Some people maybe dont see their GP for years anyway and are probably blissfully unaware of the rule. I think to be honest most GP's are probably unaware of it. Mine certainly knows I go travelling long term. It will be irrelevant anyway if Brexit goes ahead and we are not in the single market as we will be restricted to 90 days in Schengen anyway. You could of course leave for three months to a none Schengen country such as Morocco for three months before returning to Spain again. Cant say I would fancy that as I tend to do most of my touring in the summer.

2cv

In the event of no deal. Schengen will simply become like most other countries in the world, with a visa needed if staying over 90 days.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)