Schengen Limits

barryd

In the event of no deal. Schengen will simply become like most other countries in the world, with a visa needed if staying over 90 days.
I dont think that is correct. There is no easy way to extend a Schengen visa. Article 33 of the Schengen visa code only allows an extension if you cannot leave the Schengen area (force majeure) or you can provide “proof of serious personal reasons”.

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32009R0810&from=EN

I believe France and one or two other countries can offer long term (six months to a year) residency visas to some third country nationals but the application process takes some time and requires an appointment at a French consulate and a raft of paper work I think you also have to have proof of a residential address in France.

Trust me, as a long term traveller Ive tried to find ways around this but there just isnt any.

jagmanx

Trying to sort things out. The present state of the brexsh1t negotiations don’t help planning ( not political) . Let’s face it,we don’t even know if and when we’re leaving,according to the news today. Still unsure if I’ll need a international driving permit.
What I do know is, I’m going. Deal or no deal. Was that brexit or Noel Edmonds?
Juncker as the banker ? Simply offering nowt ! or nowt or nowt.
I prefer the Indian show Dahl or no Dahl a cookery programme
Or the Roald version

UFO

Dover Calais early 3rd March, down through France into Spain, follow the coast into Portugal, back into Spain,France then back home. Giving myself three months, unpaid from work, sort of a pre-retirement thing. Waited years for this and now it’s nearly here.
Good to hear of your plans - have fun
David & Judy (also Adria Twin, we met at the Henley in Arden meet)
we have done some of this route, see https://goo.gl/maps/rUjwccTAr4v

runnach

I think the rule is if you are leaving for more than three months your supposed to deregister with your GP and register with them or a new one on your return but I dont know anyone who has bothered. Some people maybe dont see their GP for years anyway and are probably blissfully unaware of the rule. I think to be honest most GP's are probably unaware of it. Mine certainly knows I go travelling long term. It will be irrelevant anyway if Brexit goes ahead and we are not in the single market as we will be restricted to 90 days in Schengen anyway. You could of course leave for three months to a none Schengen country such as Morocco for three months before returning to Spain again. Cant say I would fancy that as I tend to do most of my touring in the summer.
Agreed, if fortunate not to require long term meds, then most will be ignorant of this rule. As I mentioned in a previous post, I only knew of this when looking into working abroad.

Personally, I don't see the reason for this, because if one has paid their NI, why deregister?

jagmanx

Agreed, if fortunate not to require long term meds, then most will be ignorant of this rule. As I mentioned in a previous post, I only knew of this when looking into working abroad.

Personally, I don't see the reason for this, because if one has paid their NI, why deregister?
Abroad ! Do you mean England ?

Trotter

Will return before the 90 day limit . Will arrange to have 3 months supply of meds’. Can’t have Jonny foreigner raising my blood pressure. ?

nabsim

Why on earth would anyone want to work in a third world country?
Was it just speaking with your surgery you meant Terry or are there other restrictions? I have been registered with my surgery since 1971 so they have known me a while, Buxton is still a way behind the rest of the country so probably more laid back but it was my doctor mentioned they are okay with 6 months.

It’s academic at the moment as I need to be sure of things with the pet passports, not risking any quarantine so Staying in UK till the dust settles.

Nice blue sky and sunshine on Deeside today anyway, what more do I want :)

runnach

Was it just speaking with your surgery you meant Terry or are there other restrictions? I have been registered with my surgery since 1971 so they have known me a while, Buxton is still a way behind the rest of the country so probably more laid back but it was my doctor mentioned they are okay with 6 months.

It’s academic at the moment as I need to be sure of things with the pet passports, not risking any quarantine so Staying in UK till the dust settles.

Nice blue sky and sunshine on Deeside today anyway, what more do I want :)
I'm sure I read the ruling on my medical card?

Trotter

Travel/health insurance covered, thank you Safesure. More than I wanted to pay, but everything is covered, even pre existing. Happy Daze. TBA £2.50 a day, ain’t excessive for peace of mind,

Trotter

Good to hear of your plans - have fun
David & Judy (also Adria Twin, we met at the Henley in Arden meet)
we have done some of this route, see https://goo.gl/maps/rUjwccTAr4v
My, you have been busy. I’ll be very lucky if I can do a quarter of that. Great to hear from you again. Nabs has given me an app to plot my route away. If I can get my head around it, I’ll try to put it on here. Don’t hold your breath though. As I’ve proved on many occasions, I’m pretty useless at anything teccy.

Tony Lee

"what are they going to do, deport you?"

3000 euro fine and banned from reentering for some years.

We have pushed the limit a couple of times over the 10 years we have been coming and they are getting less and less understanding each time. I'd suggest the Brits will not get much understanding once they jump ship.

We have extended our stay simply by considering greater europe plus morocco and turkey as our areas of interest - and of course UK and Ireland where we can get more time thsn we need. But thise wanting to sit in the sun in Spain for 4 months might just have to exolore morocco fir part of it.
Welcome to the real world

pj palance

At the moment ( ie Pre Brexsh1t) there are no restrictions..
But this may well change ! (or indeed will)

We have experience of Schengen as my wife is Thai and has a Thai passport.
Before she got UK citizenship and passport we had to apply for said Schengen visa to travel to Europe

A pain in the proverbial.

It is a great shame that those who promoted withdrawal from the EU did not consider the consequences.
I fore see the likes of pauljenny and others having significant difficulties post B....

This is not intended to be political but inevitably it is..
WE traveled to Norway etc for over 3 months (needed) in 2016
Trips such as this will be more difficult

My thanks to Farage Johnson and Gove for this major F up !
SORRY NOT HERE PJ

pj palance

How is being concerned enough to ask questions about future travel political. I have been unable to find a definitive answer to our dilemma and had hoped the vast experience of forum members might have helped.
If I have offended tell me and I’ll clear off.
DO NOT CLEAR OFF, DO NOT LOOSE, THE PLOT, PJ

pj palance

Brexit evokes some strong emotions. Phil, and I think the site moderators do their best to avoid the sites becoming political in general, with such subjects confined to Current Affairs and Speakeasy. However, some consequences of Brexit are directly applicable to motorhomes and such subjects are left for discussion provided the thread does not get politically hijacked. Hopefully the balance is maintained between keeping the forums away from politics whilst allowing relevant motorhoming discussion.
HERE HERE, PJ

RV2MAX

It might be handy having two passports you would still have to exit schengen after 90 days , but could go straight back in with second passport ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)