Schengen Limits

Yep...you're right....it's not all about us meandering motorhomers.....we're just a small minority in the larger group of persons affected by what happens with "free movement of people" when it all pans out !! All I can say is, won't it be a strange world if you can't be where you want to be, for as long as you want to be in this modern day and age !!! I reckon this schengen nonsense will eventually not apply to us as individual countries will not tolerate restrictions on their good old blighty comerades....there's me....the eternal optimist !!!! Maja

Ah....the GP thing....didn't know that either....but no mention when we arranged our more than 90 day health insurance and our GP surgery knows we are abroad more than 90 days too.....Maja

Yep...you're right....it's not all about us meandering motorhomers.....we're just a small minority in the larger group of persons affected by what happens with "free movement of people" when it all pans out !! All I can say is, won't it be a strange world if you can't be where you want to be, for as long as you want to be in this modern day and age !!! I reckon this schengen nonsense will eventually not apply to us as individual countries will not tolerate restrictions on their good old blighty comerades....there's me....the eternal optimist !!!! Maja
Dunno Maja, this IS a motorhome forum so quite legit to put our own slant on it. :)

Enjoy the sun, we have weather warnings for high winds in NE Scotland to Moro’s into Tuesday so have booked on a site lol

....will be looking into this....but not much point till the "B" stuff is finalized....if ever !!! Until then will try not to be ill beyond the 90 day point LOL !!! Maja

Yes I know we’re only a small minority,( can there be a big one, I dunno) , but now an important one.
I’m part of it now. Lol.
I’ve got my E111 polished,just in case.
Just as I get my act together, van, a few quid and more importantly,time. Everything changes, leaving Europe ( not saying the B word ) , global warming, dirty diesels, too bl***y old for reasonable health insurance prices.
It’s a conspiracy I tell you. I know I’m over reacting, it’s Sunday, nowt on telly ,, I’m bored. ?
Did I add, 30 working days until the trip ?

Dunno Maja, this IS a motorhome forum so quite legit to put our own slant on it. :)

Enjoy the sun, we have weather warnings for high winds in NE Scotland to Moro’s into Tuesday so have booked on a site lol
High winds ? Been on the beans again?

That’ll be me again, lowering the tone of the conversation ?

Oh Hi Nabs.....yeah....me trying to keep the issues specifically Moho based.....with a slight political slant LOL !!
Might do Scotland when the novelty of warmer climates wear out !! Did the lochs in a cruiser the other year... brilliant and only rained once in two weeks..... how lucky was that....oops, me off the subject !!! Maja

Hi Trotter were you headed.

Plan is, Dover Calais early 3rd March , down through France into Spain, follow the coast into Portugal, back into Spain,France then back home. Giving myself three months, unpaid from work, sort of a pre-retirement thing. Waited years for this and now it’s nearly here. Had the van ( Demi) a year now and spent far to much on it, gas ,solar, new charging system, bigger (free) batteries. And not to mention the help and encouragement from the good folks on here. I say not to mention so I won’t. They know who they are, Nabsim, Terry33, Wildebus, Charlie, so no need to say who they are then.?
‘Spose I should say thanks. Should! Nah!
So, if you see an 07 Adria Twin, with Adventure before DEMent1a in the window,give me a nod. Pound to a penny the kettle will be on.
Stay safe

i forgot to add, at end of March we are out of the EU, please make sure you have proper care plans in place (private insurance) as we wont know the state of play????

Trying to sort things out. The present state of the brexsh1t negotiations don’t help planning ( not political) . Let’s face it,we don’t even know if and when we’re leaving,according to the news today. Still unsure if I’ll need a international driving permit.
What I do know is, I’m going. Deal or no deal. Was that brexit or Noel Edmonds?

Good reply Mr T, we have so many prima donna's, that know our world will collapse after the B day. There are also the hypocrites, who know they flaunt the rules when informing NHS of extended leave periods.#

Tomorrow I return to work, my first day tomorrow, I do envy you and your pending trip, I seriously doubt once we leave the cash cow EU, our lives will take a nose dive!
When I spoke to my doctor about it Terry I said I was hoping to begon at least 3 months he said they were happy to give me six moths worth of prescriptions, is this what you mean?

Purely out of curiosity, how many members who go over the 90 day rule, inform their health service?

I think the rule is if you are leaving for more than three months your supposed to deregister with your GP and register with them or a new one on your return but I dont know anyone who has bothered. Some people maybe dont see their GP for years anyway and are probably blissfully unaware of the rule. I think to be honest most GP's are probably unaware of it. Mine certainly knows I go travelling long term. It will be irrelevant anyway if Brexit goes ahead and we are not in the single market as we will be restricted to 90 days in Schengen anyway. You could of course leave for three months to a none Schengen country such as Morocco for three months before returning to Spain again. Cant say I would fancy that as I tend to do most of my touring in the summer.

In the event of no deal. Schengen will simply become like most other countries in the world, with a visa needed if staying over 90 days.

In the event of no deal. Schengen will simply become like most other countries in the world, with a visa needed if staying over 90 days.

I dont think that is correct. There is no easy way to extend a Schengen visa. Article 33 of the Schengen visa code only allows an extension if you cannot leave the Schengen area (force majeure) or you can provide “proof of serious personal reasons”.

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32009R0810&from=EN

I believe France and one or two other countries can offer long term (six months to a year) residency visas to some third country nationals but the application process takes some time and requires an appointment at a French consulate and a raft of paper work I think you also have to have proof of a residential address in France.

Trust me, as a long term traveller Ive tried to find ways around this but there just isnt any.

Trying to sort things out. The present state of the brexsh1t negotiations don’t help planning ( not political) . Let’s face it,we don’t even know if and when we’re leaving,according to the news today. Still unsure if I’ll need a international driving permit.
What I do know is, I’m going. Deal or no deal. Was that brexit or Noel Edmonds?

Juncker as the banker ? Simply offering nowt ! or nowt or nowt.
I prefer the Indian show Dahl or no Dahl a cookery programme
Or the Roald version

Dover Calais early 3rd March, down through France into Spain, follow the coast into Portugal, back into Spain,France then back home. Giving myself three months, unpaid from work, sort of a pre-retirement thing. Waited years for this and now it’s nearly here.
Good to hear of your plans - have fun
David & Judy (also Adria Twin, we met at the Henley in Arden meet)
we have done some of this route, see https://goo.gl/maps/rUjwccTAr4v

Agreed, if fortunate not to require long term meds, then most will be ignorant of this rule. As I mentioned in a previous post, I only knew of this when looking into working abroad.

Personally, I don't see the reason for this, because if one has paid their NI, why deregister?

Abroad ! Do you mean England ?

Will return before the 90 day limit . Will arrange to have 3 months supply of meds’. Can’t have Jonny foreigner raising my blood pressure. ?

Why on earth would anyone want to work in a third world country?
Was it just speaking with your surgery you meant Terry or are there other restrictions? I have been registered with my surgery since 1971 so they have known me a while, Buxton is still a way behind the rest of the country so probably more laid back but it was my doctor mentioned they are okay with 6 months.

It’s academic at the moment as I need to be sure of things with the pet passports, not risking any quarantine so Staying in UK till the dust settles.

Nice blue sky and sunshine on Deeside today anyway, what more do I want :)

Nice blue sky and sunshine on Deeside today anyway, what more do I want :)

Look out for a PM.
If I ever quote Wes, you’ll know what I’m saying ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back