Scotland Tour

foster8

Free Member

Hi Folks
I'm just producing our motor home route all round Scotland, hoping to go early May for around 6 weeks.
We want to do a complete circuit starting in Carlisle, then Dumfries & Galloway, Stranraer, onto the outer Hebrides on the ferries, up to Dounreay, down past St Andrews, through Durham and then back home to Cheshire. We have a 6m Elddis. Has anyone produced a circuit route on say excel that I could cannabilise..??? Or advice about ferries, midges, special places to visit etc..etc..
Thanks in advance

They were very evident even on June this year.

Early May can be the best time to circuit around Scotland before the midgie fest and tourist conclave hits; we are often lucky with the weather too.

Hi Folks
I'm just producing our motor home route all round Scotland, hoping to go early May for around 6 weeks.
We want to do a complete circuit starting in Carlisle, then Dumfries & Galloway, Stranraer, onto the outer Hebrides on the ferries, up to Dounreay, down past St Andrews, through Durham and then back home to Cheshire. We have a 6m Elddis. Has anyone produced a circuit route on say excel that I could cannabilise..??? Or advice about ferries, midges, special places to visit etc..etc..
Thanks in advance

Not sure you can get to Outer Hebrides from Stranraer, thought Oban is the furthest south for a ferry to Barra - great campsite at Borve BUT may need to book. We got a ticket that included all ferries from Oban - Barra -Eriskay - Uists - Benbecula - Harris/Lewis - Ullapool. You may find that you can spend more time on these Islands than you expect - lots of places/roads to see.

Dave

First time we went we made a plan and a route needless to say we didn’t stick to it , never made another just go with the flow.

We did Arran Skye & mull this June.
Mull was probably best of the three.
Arran nice as much smaller & quieter.
Skye very busy but also nice.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back