Scratch meal!

Rec

Has anyone else made what turned out to be a really good meal out of whatever is in the cupboard. Only ask as we decided to stop for the night and hadn't done the top up shop, so have had to make a meal out of minimal veg, small bit of meat and a packet of noodles. It turned out really well, stir fry veg and noodles with chopped pork fillet flavoured with smoked paprika and mixed herbs & garlic. What meals have others made "out of little" ?

Tin of spam diced up, stick of celery diced, any colour of pepper, also diced, an onion that has been diced, arborio rice, half a tin of chopped tomato and a bit of mixed herbs. None of the last three were diced. Into a wok and add water and cook. Maybe add a drop of red wine or Worcestershire sauce and, another maybe, stir in a bit of cream cheese at the end. The mixed herbs have been successfully substituted or suplemented with other herbs or spices - turmeric and smoked paprika are popular with me. Sometimes I put garlic in as well (I often forget to.)

I always keep a tin of stewing steak, tinned potatoes, carrots and peas in the cupboard. Mixed in one pot and you get a nice stew with gravey.

Go to "MYFRIDGEFOOD.COM" open it on your phone,tablet or laptop and put in what you have in the fridge/cupboard, and it will come up with something using those ingredients.

Go to "MYFRIDGEFOOD.COM" open it on your phone,tablet or laptop and put in what you have in the fridge/cupboard, and it will come up with something using those ingredients.
That's a great idea! As long as internet has signal......will remember it for the times it is available!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back