scrumping in portugal

rugbyken

while in lockdown in pomarao portugal there were 3 heavily laden lemon trees i collected a few and we had lemon chicken lemon pork etc but jan fancied making lemon curd she knows i love it , followed a deliaonline recipe it called for 4 large lemons we used 5 it tasted a bit strong when we tried it as it cooled but now it’s cooled down its mellowed nicely, not going to last long, 777D551D-F7C8-4534-91C4-4C7B327EAE88.jpeg92D575C8-8B3D-4AB5-89F8-4927E5A90F95.jpeg

You ought to be ashamed. Scrumping. 😤
Hang on, you gave me some of those. That would make me complicit.
You liberated them👍

only made 3 jars each of the kids had one mine almost gone will have to do some more , got loads of time enjoyed delias recipe but loads of others might try one of them theres even a microwave one ?

You made three jars of the kids? Surely there’s a law against that.😲

I have been picking lemons too...not exactly scrumping but harvesting them from a house which was burned out in the fires ( unoccupied at the time, holiday home) . Seemed a shame to waste them so I liberated them. Made lemon curd , limoncello (try that if you have some agua dente) lemon meringue and lemon drizzle cake. Still got a big bag left for tonic water etc. And to bring back to UK!

if it makes you feel any better ,we used to get crates of oranges from the co-op for juice ,and we could take the oranges for nothing , but please bring back the crates !

We liberated quite a few lemons when we abandoned Trotter - a friend make delicious lemon curd so was very happy to take them off our hands. We were delighted a few days later to receive some delicious lemon curd, as were our local friends.

We liberated quite a few lemons when we abandoned Trotter - a friend make delicious lemon curd so was very happy to take them off our hands. We were delighted a few days later to receive some delicious lemon curd, as were our local friends.
Lemon curd at 2 metre distance.
Oh! And Lin Da. Half a dozen free eggs from the guy with the Fiat pick up. Think all I need now is corn flour. Then I could go into production. :rolleyes:

Lemon curd at 2 metre distance.
Oh! And Lin Da. Half a dozen free eggs from the guy with the Fiat pick up. Think all I need now is corn flour. Then I could go into production. :rolleyes:
Can make lemon curd without cornflour..I only started putting a little in recently, before then it was just lemons butter sugar and eggs.

Our lemon curd won’t have cornflour as our friend is coeliac....

free eggs as well Derek! You are living the life there. Envious

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back