Scumbag !

Obanboy666

Daughter who sleeps in the front bedroom woke me at 3.30, caravan alarm going off and she spotted a male next to caravan.
Son in law in his underpants was chasing him up the street to no avail as he got away. Within 1 minute I had the alarm / tracker company calling me to tell me of an alert.
Fortunately he obviously set the alarm off as he attempted to climb into the small kitchen area caravan window so he ran off without the tv or anything else for that matter. I’ve been lucky, no visible damage to the window or frame, he’d managed to brake the polyplastic catches which are readily available online. This small window only has 2 catches and they failed, if it had been the larger lounge windows they have 4 catches so he may have broken the actual window if he’d attempted to break in through them.
So I’ll call round the many northeast dealers after 9 this morning and hopefully find someone who stocks them. If no luck it’s Amazon or eBay.
Caravan will fit up drive behind 7’ gates, it’s a tight squeeze but it will give me peace of mind so will do that today.

We have these fitted to all the window handles not much but a bit of a extra security.

Having said that if they want to get in they will

IMG_0626.jpeg

We have these fitted to all the window handles not much but a bit of a extra security.

Have what???

Had something similar on my last motorhome.
My only concern with that type is they’ll probably smash the window attempting to get in which will be expensive to replace versus the catches I’ve managed to find local at £9.99 each.
I unfortunately live on a main road which the local druggies and drunks use on route from the town centre so often have issues with bottles, cans etc coming over the hedge and people wandering up the drive.
I’ll fit the new catches then move caravan behind the tall drive gates so it will be more secure and out of sight.
Ill also remove the tv and anything else of value.

Daughter who sleeps in the front bedroom woke me at 3.30, caravan alarm going off and she spotted a male next to caravan.
Son in law in his underpants was chasing him up the street to no avail as he got away. Within 1 minute I had the alarm / tracker company calling me to tell me of an alert.
Fortunately he obviously set the alarm off as he attempted to climb into the small kitchen area caravan window so he ran off without the tv or anything else for that matter. I’ve been lucky, no visible damage to the window or frame, he’d managed to brake the polyplastic catches which are readily available online. This small window only has 2 catches and they failed, if it had been the larger lounge windows they have 4 catches so he may have broken the actual window if he’d attempted to break in through them.
So I’ll call round the many northeast dealers after 9 this morning and hopefully find someone who stocks them. If no luck it’s Amazon or eBay.
Caravan will fit up drive behind 7’ gates, it’s a tight squeeze but it will give me peace of mind so will do that today.

Try this firm.. they've got most things.
Good luck

Try this firm.. they've got most things.
Good luck

Managed to find them at Ropers caravans at Catterick, same price as the usual online suppliers and a pleasant drive out with son into the bargain.

Had something similar on my last motorhome.
My only concern with that type is they’ll probably smash the window attempting to get in which will be expensive to replace versus the catches I’ve managed to find local at £9.99 each.
I unfortunately live on a main road which the local druggies and drunks use on route from the town centre so often have issues with bottles, cans etc coming over the hedge and people wandering up the drive.
ExactlyI’ll fit the new catches then move caravan behind the tall drive gates so it will be more secure and out of sight.
Ill also remove the tv and anything else of value.
Exactly! bar stewards

Back