Sea Cliff.

runnach

Took a cycle over today with grandson to show him the beautiful and stunning beach, also the smallest harbour within the uk, found this fella en-route, plus the auld Triumph in the garage, check out the sign on the haggis wagon!
IMG_4881.jpegIMG_4880.jpegIMG_4879.jpeg

Bairns, strange creatures, I bought him a wet suit for him to faff in the sea, he has never had it on. We went for a wee stroll on the beach, and in he goes wearing his tracksuit, I made him take a cold shower using our outside shower after he removed all wet gear 😂

540625EF-BF95-437F-9897-12BF18136634.jpeg

View attachment 68513
I know exactly what you mean. This is our youngest grandaughter at some ungodly hour this morning.

They could have so easily had a trot along the shoreline, but no........
As fiercely allergic to horses as I am (even when my ex was a horse mad equestrian addict )
I love to see horses galloping along a beach ...
Few years ago we stopped at a now sadly long gone spot on the northumbrian coast up from Lindisfarne where horses were welcome with free access to the beach ....

Love it .

Tell me about bairns Terry. We’ve got 7 grandkids ranging from 16 years to a few months old and they’re all as daft as the next one. Can’t help but love them though!
Aye, they do get to you, Tony. I got conned into a late evening kick about back in the beach. I laid down the ground rules, no more than 30 mins starting when we hit the sand. If I had not gone down, I would have missed this large cruise ship leaving the forth and heading north.
IMG_4904.jpegIMG_4903.jpeg

As fiercely allergic to horses as I am (even when my ex was a horse mad equestrian addict )
I love to see horses galloping along a beach ...
Few years ago we stopped at a now sadly long gone spot on the northumbrian coast up from Lindisfarne where horses were welcome with free access to the beach ....

Love it .
Theres nothing like a ride along an empty beach. Used to do that in Sussex when I could still ride.

Theres nothing like a ride along an empty beach. Used to do that in Sussex when I could still ride.
Possibly the same beach Andromeda, as they tell me that this was Bracklesham Bay in West Sussex.

This was where we stopped (site was called Beachcomber ...£10 per night back then...)
Circle was the camping field and they,had stables/turnout to rent by the night...
Saddle up and 20 yards of sand dunes lead to miles and miles of beach from lindisfarne up to Berwick ...
Was fantastic to see .

Screenshot_20230717_101257_Earth.jpg
No mine was East Sussex. Stables were practically on the beach. I was living in Pett so it must have been somewhere near there

One of our sons’ and family are lucky enough to live right beside one of the nicest and longest beaches in Guernsey. Most mornings our granddaughter takes her horse for a gallop the length of the beach then back in the sea before heading for school. As if that isn’t enough both her and her brother, weather and tide permitting, get off the school bus in the afternoon, change into wet suits then run over to the beach for an hour or so surfing.

This was where we stopped (site was called Beachcomber ...£10 per night back then...)
Circle was the camping field and they,had stables/turnout to rent by the night...
Saddle up and 20 yards of sand dunes lead to miles and miles of beach from lindisfarne up to Berwick ...
Was fantastic to see .

View attachment 68520
I don't know Goswick, but it looks a fantastic place for peace and quiet, and somewhere away from masses. I'll be visiting relatives after the summer break and try for a visit.

I certainly do know nearby Haggerston Castle, the place for dancing many years ago, long before it turned into the vast caravan park it is today.

I don't know Goswick, but it looks a fantastic place for peace and quiet, and somewhere away from masses. I'll be visiting relatives after the summer break and try for a visit.

I certainly do know nearby Haggerston Castle, the place for dancing many years ago, long before it turned into the vast caravan park it is today.
We didn't find much in the way of wild camping local (barring a couple of spots just above Bamburgh/Budle bay ...

That said we stayed here a couple of times ....

Not cheapest BUT a lovelly peaceful and uncrowded spot .

Thank you mistericeman, that's a very kind recommendation.

I know West Kyloe but have never stayed there, as previously I've tried to get within walking distance of relatives. It'll be perfect for Yvonne and me, now that she's recovering again.

Thank you mistericeman, that's a very kind recommendation.

I know West Kyloe but have never stayed there, as previously I've tried to get within walking distance of relatives. It'll be perfect for Yvonne and me, now that she's recovering again.
We had a very nice week there a couple of years back ...
Not to far to drive to many of the stunning (and often quiet) beaches along there ...
Near enough to civilisation for supplies etc ...
I spent many evenings sat at the side of the pond with a beer watching the wild life in it ....
And the owners are very careful to not over crowd the site in the search for profit ...
Facilities were quirky (corrugated iron building )
BUT were lovelly and clean AND a wet room for anyone with limited mobility etc .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back