Sea life Scarborough

we found out when there the other week there's another car park not far away £6 a night but I'm afraid they can go + + + k themselves ,really sad about this as we've used it for years ,I wonder if the damage will start again to the SEA LIFE CENTRE ITSELF??????
ipay the 24 hr ticket stay the night and use the remainder to Filey and shitby
in all fairness it's amazing watching all the ticket dodgers coming in a minute past six at night and off at 08*55am but always want the best spot and leave with dirty water taps open !

Last edited:
I notice from POI app that the carpark on Burniston road - Alpamare swimming centre- is free at night and P&D during day. No signs about overnighting ??? Never used it ourselves. Is it privately owned or
Scarborough council ??

I notice from POI app that the carpark on Burniston road - Alpamare swimming centre- is free at night and P&D during day. No signs about overnighting ??? Never used it ourselves. Is it privately owned or
Scarborough council ??
Not sure this is the one I was on about and was told it's £6 a night ?
theres a new travel-lodge or something just next to it I beleive

Never went up it was A Nice couple that was next to us told us about it and we just looked up as we passed ,its opposite the nursing home

Last edited:
we found out when there the other week there's another car park not far away £6 a night but I'm afraid they can go + + + k themselves ,really sad about this as we've used it for years ,I wonder if the damage will start again to the SEA LIFE CENTRE ITSELF??????
ipay the 24 hr ticket stay the night and use the remainder to Filey and shitby
in all fairness it's amazing watching all the ticket dodgers coming in a minute past six at night and off at 08*55am but always want the best spot and leave with dirty water taps open !
Maybe if they weren't treated like lepers the ticket dodgers would pay & play fair....

Completely self inflicted from the previous photos i`ve seen of it rammed with motorhomes that probably stayed there for days on end.

Then when they did finally leave they more than likely left all their shyte ( literally ) behind.

That's quite an assumption. Seen lots of vans etc use the place , but not noticed any litter being left etc.....

Rather strange that when lock down finished up went the sign, but your welcome in the winter when we're short of revenue, in the summer piss off we don't want you.
Don't spend my money anywhere that Scarborough council control, plenty of other places have fish and chip shops etc.

I can certainly understand the reasoning and am very surprised it has not happened before now. It was getting to be almost full of Motorhomes and Campervans on many nights and most weekends. Many having chairs and tables outside, some even having barbecues and in general treating the car park as a campsite. I live close by and it was certainly a point of discussion by locals.
My suggestion was to cordon off part of the car park solely for the use of Motorhomes and charge £5 per night. Similar to the system in place in Skipton, Ingleton and Settle. I am sure that could have worked and even brought in a little income.
One thing was for certain was that it could not carry on in the manner it was doing. The vast majority of Motorhomers behaved in exemplary manner, but there was a minority who did not behave in a responsible manner at all.
Even so, if 100% of the Motorhomers behaved impeccably, it could not have carried on like it was doing it was just too popular.

I live down Hayling island and we have similar signs while walking the dog along the sea front this morning I counted at least 20 motorhomes that had overnighted.The council did provide overnight camping facilities but unfortunately there were those that had to abuse it and wouldn't pay overnight fee.Residents are complaining so I know where it will end up,height barriers in car parks.Then we will all be stuffed as I like taking my camper up to the seafront.Motorhome ownership seems to have gone bananas since this covid outbreak.

I can't understand how we all became outlaws! All we do is have a hobby, what is it about sleeping in your van that seems to bring out the devil in everyone?....
Its not like we do anything illegal, even devil worshippers et all don't seem to attract the negative vibes that we do.
How ever did we get so repressed by the dictators? How did our freedom of choice get stolen from us in a so called Democratic civilised society?
Sad times, feels wrong & no sign of things getting better, only worse. It seems that personal freedom is breathing its last, once we are outlawed altogether, who will be next? Maybe ramblers, or boaters.
In my 53 yrs on this planet, never did I want to leave my beloved England before, yet now I am considering my first ever passport.
The times they are a changing, but not for the better unless you are in the "club" at the top....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back