Second Leisure battery advice

Mash369

Free Member

Looking for a bit of advice about adding a second leisure battery to my swift 630G, the battery is currently under the drivers seat.

Should I try and place the second battery under the passenger seat or consider moving the battery somewhere else and adding a second next to it e.g in the garage at the back or under one of the seats in the dining area.
or is it possible to have a successful double battery system if they are both at opposite ends of the motorhome.

Suggestions and advice welcome.

Regards

Chris

Think about how you can fix the battery. You don't want 25KG of lead, sulphuric acid, explosive gases and sparks flying around in the case of a serious accident.
Putting a battery in locker, held in by a flimsy bit of MDF, is not a wise move.

Last edited:
It's probably more ideal to have the batteries closer together to save having to run thicker cables. Also you should consider where the extra weight is best suited.

I have one in front footwell from van maker,second one i added is 3/4 way back in the van,works fine but not be the proper way but it works fine,do fit a large auto trip fuse at both ends of pos connecting wire.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back