Self build photos

Admin

Administator

Self build photos

Do you have a self-build motorhome?

People love to see build photos, could you start a new topic and show us your build photos?

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg This was my self build Snoopy and I loved him dearly

image.jpeg But now I have this and though I felt like I was betraying the inner me would I go back, never

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 37
Campervanannie;n872 said:
But now I have this and though I felt like I was betraying the inner me would I go back, never

Annie you take great care in that van! There’s a guy with a beard ,dark tinted glasses,lurking taking pics o yer bed ,oooooooh! Agh ! Mrs

The laird;n928 said:
Annie you take great care in that van! There’s a guy with a beard ,dark tinted glasses,lurking taking pics o yer bed ,oooooooh! Agh ! Mrs

Lo that was the sales guy

Asterix;n896 said:
Work in progress...

From humble beginnings great things will come.
It will be interesting to see it progress, it looks like you will have plenty of space and with all that insulation lovely and warm.

Lee;n965 said:
From humble beginnings great things will come.
It will be interesting to see it progress, it looks like you will have plenty of space and with all that insulation lovely and warm.

I've put 100mm on floor and ceiling,25mm on walls with a logburner going in next week,so hopefully keep me toasty over winter,I have to move in to it next week so it'll be very basic for a while.

Asterix;n1017 said:
I've put 100mm on floor and ceiling,25mm on walls with a logburner going in next week,so hopefully keep me toasty over winter,I have to move in to it next week so it'll be very basic for a while.

Sounds good, I think when you are full timing, it's better to to have a self build because as good as some motorhomes are they aren't that well insulated and also the chance to have a wood burner is such a great thing, which you can't do in a traditional motorhome.

Lee;n1026 said:
Sounds good, I think when you are full timing, it's better to to have a self build because as good as some motorhomes are they aren't that well insulated and also the chance to have a wood burner is such a great thing, which you can't do in a traditional motorhome.

Exactly my thinking,and I can assure you a cardboard box has more insulation value than my current home ?and even if I had the space I wouldn't want to butcher it up to put a burner in.
I can't wait to get a fire cranked up!

Hopefully you will be in before it gets colder.
It will be good if you can make it so you get to have Christmas sitting in front of the wood burner with a drink in your hand, best of luck.

Hi here are some before and after photos of my Transit.
The roof was fitted by Leisuredrive, The windows and gas tank professionally fitted, the rest was me.
I've got dozens of photos of different stages if anyone is interested.
Regards,
Paul

Attachments

• photo2502.jpg
    photo2502.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 39
  • photo2503.jpg
    photo2503.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 38
  • photo2504.jpg
    photo2504.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 36
  • photo2505.jpg
    photo2505.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 39
  • photo2506.jpg
    photo2506.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 37
[No message]

Attachments

• photo2514.jpg
    photo2514.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • photo2513.jpg
    photo2513.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • photo2512.jpg
    photo2512.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 27
  • photo2511.jpg
    photo2511.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • photo2515.jpg
    photo2515.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • photo2516.jpg
    photo2516.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • photo2517.jpg
    photo2517.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
  • photo2518.jpg
    photo2518.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • photo2520.jpg
    photo2520.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • photo2519.jpg
    photo2519.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • photo2521.jpg
    photo2521.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • photo2522.jpg
    photo2522.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • photo2523.jpg
    photo2523.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • photo2524.jpg
    photo2524.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • photo2525.jpg
    photo2525.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
Oops missed "start new topic" who moved the naughty step.

Last edited:
paulrichardson;n30451 said:
Hi here are some before and after photos of my Transit.
The roof was fitted by Leisuredrive, The windows and gas tank professionally fitted, the rest was me.
I've got dozens of photos of different stages if anyone is interested.
Regards,
Paul

van looks really good inside and out.

The laird;n30459 said:
Thanks for that very nice job,you must be very proud ,well done

Thanks for your kind comments, (did I mention it took me 5 years to finish it, part time).

It is a slow job sometimes, I got stalled more than once, and I was retired, the first year was the worst, I got the van then looked at it for ages.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back