Shelf added to my Burstner 690G

foggie

Free Member

I thought I would share the shelf that I have just installed on our 2021 690G. It's made a huge difference to the space and I think it looks great. The shelf was made by Chippys Workshop: https://www.facebook.com/chippysworkshop
Keith can also supply the chrome upstands if required.
I removed the headrests, used the threaded bar through two of the headrest holes and added a nut where the stud bar came out at the bottom of the seatbelt frame. It's now rock steady and I think it looks great. pro-5pqMM1F2.jpegpro-ullG5UWF.jpegpro-ogMXOEEG.jpeg

We are very interested in your new purchase as we have been in touch with camper board in Germany pricing one up for our 690g. Would you mind getting in touch with us to let us know the cost & contact as we're not on Facebook, thanks Chris.

We are very interested in your new purchase as we have been in touch with camper board in Germany pricing one up for our 690g. Would you mind getting in touch with us to let us know the cost & contact as we're not on Facebook, thanks Chris.
Hi Chris. Here is the link to the website, but you might also be best to ring them as I don't think everything is listed yet.
https://chippysworkshop.co.uk/

Nice tidy job that matches everything else.

Cheers for that have sent a message to him , if you don't mind me asking what sort of money am I looking at & did all the fittings & instructions come with it ? Thanks Chris.
Chris. No, I sourced the parts myself, worked out my own measurements and had the shelves made to suit. I then assembled it.
I think Chippys workshop can now supply the chrome uprights and the shelf rails.
I cut the chrome uprights down to suit the height of our kitchen tap and the shelf rails to fit our van.

If you are good at DIY then this is all fairly easy. If not, I would suggest you buy a full ready made kit from Camper Board

Cheers for that have sent a message to him , if you don't mind me asking what sort of money am I looking at & did all the fittings & instructions come with it ? Thanks Chris.
Prices are on the website 👍

Prices shown are only for the Chrome Pillars & Shelf there has to be Fixings to be included ?
Sorry didn't notice post #6
Haha I didn’t see post 6 either. Are they not the screws when you look in the accessories tab?

Must say the shelf looks good 👍

Haha I didn’t see post 6 either. Are they not the screws when you look in the accessories tab?

Must say the shelf looks good 👍
Like said have messaged the workshop so see what he comes up with I thought 'Foggie' had purchased the whole thing from them 👍

Guys, you can buy the upper shelf & lower shelf, the chrome upright legs and I think the shelf rail that fits to the top of the shelf from Chippy's workshop.
You would then need to mark out, drill and fit all components yourself.
You will also need any screws required.
Threaded stud bar (in my case 12mm to fit the headrest holes) - Screwfix.

I only bought the shelves from Chippy's but I provided a template for them to work to.
The chrome upright that I bought was to high, so this needed cutting down.
It was also a 10mm thread, so I needed to redrill and tap out to 12mm.

I am sure that with a bit more research, I could have found 12mm chrome uprights, or sleeved 10mm stud up to 12mm.

The marking out is obviously critical. If you get the headrest hole centres wrong then you have wrecked your bottom shelf690G seat top.jpg690G template2.jpgshelf markout4.jpegshelf markout2.jpegshelf markout1.jpegshelf markout3.jpegShelf finished3.jpeg

Just put Camperboard in YouTube & it does look easy to fit so long as you have the correct fittings 😁

Guys, you can buy the upper shelf & lower shelf, the chrome upright legs and I think the shelf rail that fits to the top of the shelf from Chippy's workshop.
You would then need to mark out, drill and fit all components yourself.
You will also need any screws required.
Threaded stud bar (in my case 12mm to fit the headrest holes) - Screwfix.

I only bought the shelves from Chippy's but I provided a template for them to work to.
The chrome upright that I bought was to high, so this needed cutting down.
It was also a 10mm thread, so I needed to redrill and tap out to 12mm.

I am sure that with a bit more research, I could have found 12mm chrome uprights, or sleeved 10mm stud up to 12mm.

The marking out is obviously critical. If you get the headrest hole centres wrong then you have wrecked your bottom shelfView attachment 74096View attachment 74097View attachment 74098View attachment 74099View attachment 74100View attachment 74101View attachment 74102
Very informative thanks ,Chris.

Back