Should I worry

Campervanannie

I’ve had the door knock this morning bloke asked was I selling my motorhome after a short conversation me politely saying NO he left me a business card anyone heard of them are they a dodgy outfit more to the point is he coming back to nick my van.

A396ECA5-FA97-458A-B5AC-FFC2D56F667D.jpeg

I can see a few sleepless nights coming up.

If you disappear on one of your trips for a few nights he won’t be able to Nick it

I’ve had the door knock this morning bloke asked was I selling my motorhome after a short conversation me politely saying NO he left me a business card anyone heard of them are they a dodgy outfit more to the point is he coming back to nick my van.

View attachment 52913

Definitely worrying, Annie.
The graphics are far too similar to Mohomer.com for it to be anything other than one of Dodgy Phil's scam sites.

p.s. Is this the same Annie that toured France with me with a totally laid back 'what will be, will be' take on life?
You've arranged sound protection for your moho at home and in any case it's insured.
If it gets nicked I'll treat you to a blow-out at Patisserie Valerie. THAT'S how unlikely theft of your pride and joy is - so sleep soundly and don't worry.

Colin :):):)

Worry not as I put it on a Facebook page and Mick from BM Leisure has been in contact and apologised for worrying me and so I went through all my concerns about his business premises and the lack of updates on his website he says that it’s because he is moving premises at the moment I will sleep tonight 😂😂

View attachment 52913

I had a similar call a couple of weeks ago, came at 4.45 pm when it was dark, when I said no and then kept my eye on him he started to get off hand, anyway didn’t get a name but got his vehicle reg and reported him to the police.

Worry not as I put it on a Facebook page and Mick from BM Leisure has been in contact and apologised for worrying me and so I went through all my concerns about his business premises and the lack of updates on his website he says that it’s because he is moving premises at the moment I will sleep tonight 😂😂
well done Mick -the perfect scam ! send'em off to sleep then nick the motor !

Definitely worrying, Annie.
The graphics are far too similar to Mohomer.com for it to be anything other than one of Dodgy Phil's scam sites.

p.s. Is this the same Annie that toured France with me with a totally laid back 'what will be, will be' take on life?
You've arranged sound protection for your moho at home and in any case it's insured.
If it gets nicked I'll treat you to a blow-out at Patisserie Valerie. THAT'S how unlikely theft of your pride and joy is - so sleep soundly and don't worry.

Colin :):):)
Yes I’m not normally a worry merchant but he was hanging around the van and I went out to see what he wanted it just seemed a bit strange plus as I have said I read too much crap on Facebook 😂😂💋

To nick my van they first have to break into my car get the diskloc off and move it then they have to get the lock off the metal post concreted into the drive in front of my van then they have to break into the van which is alarmed to the house then they have to break the chain connecting the reversed seats then they will have to get the diskloc off the van then they have to twat the ignition to start it. Unless they have a chinook helicopter it will be hard 😂😂😂😂😂😂
I slept very well last night 😂😴

To nick my van they first have to break into my car get the diskloc off and move it then they have to get the lock off the metal post concreted into the drive in front of my van then they have to break into the van which is alarmed to the house then they have to break the chain connecting the reversed seats then they will have to get the diskloc off the van then they have to twat the ignition to start it. Unless they have a chinook helicopter it will be hard 😂😂😂😂😂😂
If a job's worth doing.......

. Not a problem they love a challenge.

Over the years I have had many knocks on the door and post it notes/business cards etc stuck on my various campervans and caravans on my drive. asking if they are for sale. I've not had one stolen yet. There is usually (but not always) a car or two parked in front of them overnight.

View attachment 52913

[/QOTE]
I

I advised my mother to keep a camera by her front door and to take a picture of any invited callers. I guess you should do the same. There are some genuine punters to buy vans. A couple of years ago we returned to the van an found notes left under a wiper. What a relief, not someone telling me we had been bumped, but leaving a phone number to buy our van.
If when you take the picture, they complain or show annoyance, shut the door quick.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back