Shower tap not working

Carrerasax

When trying to purge hot water system of air having drained the tank this morning the shower tap doesn't seem to be operating the pump switch.
Is the switch all part of the tap as there is no other access to shower wall panel?
Any bright ideas?

probably got a microswitch built into the tap itself ,check for a dislodged wire or a blown fuse
Only fuse seems to be for water pump and other two taps operate it ok.
With fixed shower wall panel where do I look for the wire?
Will water pump be by hot tank under the fixed bed, or separate somewhere?
MH is 2016 bessacar (swift) if it helps!!

My water pumps have always been in the kitchen area, usually under the sink.

My water pump is a submersible one and is in the water tank.
If the other taps work it will not be the pump unless it has a pressure switch and you have an air lock on the shower tap, I used to get a similar problem with one of my vans and I had to turn on the shower tap and then turn on the sink tap very slightly to get the pump operating, once water was coming out of the shower head the tap worked as normal.
If I drain my Hymer system down the shower is always a problem, I can hear the pump but no water comes out, I have to remove the shower head and suck on the hose to get the water through

If it has microswitches then as Nigel says look for a broken wire in the tap

My water pump is a submersible one and is in the water tank.
If the other taps work it will not be the pump unless it has a pressure switch and you have an air lock on the shower tap, I used to get a similar problem with one of my vans and I had to turn on the shower tap and then turn on the sink tap very slightly to get the pump operating, once water was coming out of the shower head the tap worked as normal.
If I drain my Hymer system down the shower is always a problem, I can hear the pump but no water comes out, I have to remove the shower head and suck on the hose to get the water through

That’s done the trick ta. 😀😀
What a great asset it is to have the help offered here for us practical numpties!!

My water pump is a submersible one and is in the water tan

Well done was my next suggestion ,I suspect the microswith is faulty check the connection remove and clean with contact cleaner if that doesn’t work replace it for a new one

I had problems with the switches in my taps. It wasn't exactly the microswitches at fault: it was that the wires to them were less flexible after many years, and the the increased insulation stiffness either broke the soldered connections, or in one case, broke the terminal off the microswitch.

The short-term workaround was to fit a switch in the cupboard under the sink that turns the water pump on. That way the tap works, but you need to remember to turn it off again or the pump will burn out.

I replaced the wires with the super-flexible, silicone-covered wire used for test leads. Because the old ones were hard to connect to, I replaced the microswitches with generic ones from China, which were under £1 each and simply clipped into place.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back