Shower tray wanted. Guidance requested

Sean

We have a Renault Master campervan.
When purchased a few months ago the original owner built a toilet room.
I wish to remove this to build a shower. The shower tray is very much a sticking point.
All help, guidance, recommendations will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
Sean

Why is it a sticking point? Just not able to find one to fit? If so, make your own?
I made the below, first attempt, out of 2mm PVC. Entire bathroom completed in a similar fashion. Wasn't easy, but wasn't as tough as I expected. Video of finished thing on my youtube link (see sig)
ACtC-3c9CoTOtlpS6EX2tWWKKrFt9vjgxhYX0c0-3B0BmSEJxjr38od5Mko2FNrViUxsbIyysBEpz7PJ7EtOsVINMy4_eqB8zgaOTbax21zbbGbmMdxVm3MCSWn5vZSB8cRATomiCbJSId2aZqsLjWUWXvQajw=w876-h657-no

ACtC-3d5Vzwf-7QZ22klfDzeevKHSn_EtE4I41VRjkwM8C6J1LltFaJSxT-kgaM3vLqDk3VHHsPmDh_RpM9Ml-eooES_ddWhoFuHAZ7xF1YsL2oWLjJKAMds21_uNCfco9qfLYNBCPMMoU9oWWkS6bvlDO3YPA=w493-h657-no

I could put you in touch with a chap that makes shower trays.
Thanks for the offer it is appreciated. However I'm going to give it ago myself.

Why is it a sticking point? Just not able to find one to fit? If so, make your own?
I made the below, first attempt, out of 2mm PVC. Entire bathroom completed in a similar fashion. Wasn't easy, but wasn't as tough as I expected. Video of finished thing on my youtube link (see sig)
ACtC-3c9CoTOtlpS6EX2tWWKKrFt9vjgxhYX0c0-3B0BmSEJxjr38od5Mko2FNrViUxsbIyysBEpz7PJ7EtOsVINMy4_eqB8zgaOTbax21zbbGbmMdxVm3MCSWn5vZSB8cRATomiCbJSId2aZqsLjWUWXvQajw=w876-h657-no

How did you form the waste outlet? Are the joints on the up-stand plastic welded?

How did you form the waste outlet? Are the joints on the up-stand plastic welded?
Hi
Nothing so complicated! See our build album https://photos.app.goo.gl/QPiv6sVDTUp1vuTMA - currently about 2/3 down you'll see me playing with the plasitc
Its all just "bent" with templates, straight edges, clamps, and hot air gun. The corners are folded in the same way you'd wrap an xmas present, so folds with an excess V - and this is just clamped up and squishes in. So totally waterproof even before adding PU gunk in the corners, behind and between the walls, and another layer before the sealant.
The tray is in 100% contact with a 15mm play base. So the plug hole, I just made a hole, then chamfered the edges, then raised the ply 10mm keeping the "hole cut out" in the plug hole (now 10mm lower) Then hot air gun, and just pushed the hole downwards (with another "hole cut out" on top to push it down. Once finished, hole saw.
It was my first attempt and "fairly" easy. Its not perfect, do not profess otherwise, but some things went well, some not, but didn't think v2 or v3 would actually improve overall.
It went together in the room really well - so the end product is better than the part.
Hopefully the pics explain? The bathroom video (see youtube link) also covers how it was made.

2mm PVC.

Hi
Nothing so complicated! See our build album https://photos.app.goo.gl/QPiv6sVDTUp1vuTMA - currently about 2/3 down you'll see me playing with the plasitc
Its all just "bent" with templates, straight edges, clamps, and hot air gun. The corners are folded in the same way you'd wrap an xmas present, so folds with an excess V - and this is just clamped up and squishes in. So totally waterproof even before adding PU gunk in the corners, behind and between the walls, and another layer before the sealant.
The tray is in 100% contact with a 15mm play base. So the plug hole, I just made a hole, then chamfered the edges, then raised the ply 10mm keeping the "hole cut out" in the plug hole (now 10mm lower) Then hot air gun, and just pushed the hole downwards (with another "hole cut out" on top to push it down. Once finished, hole saw.
It was my first attempt and "fairly" easy. Its not perfect, do not profess otherwise, but some things went well, some not, but didn't think v2 or v3 would actually improve overall.
It went together in the room really well - so the end product is better than the part.
Hopefully the pics explain? The bathroom video (see youtube link) also covers how it was made.

2mm PVC.
Thanks for the explanation, and watching the video it looks a really nice finish. I was thinking of doing my own as cant find one the size and shape I want so this has encouraged me further to do my own. Many Thanks.

Thanks for the explanation, and watching the video it looks a really nice finish. I was thinking of doing my own as cant find one the size and shape I want so this has encouraged me further to do my own. Many Thanks.
Good luck!!! Hope the pics in the gallery help in the process I took. Just take time, play with the pvc, and let the plastic bend rather than bending the plastic - when its ready you'll know :)
Oh - and don't burn yourself on the heatgun.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back