Shuttle question

Even if the tunnel is a bit more.....for us it is so much nicer and more convenient.:love:.
Once on a Ferry we got directed up a narrow curving ramp. Ok for cars but not MoHo.
I complained twice but got the standard reponse...."our crew know what they are doing".
Yes no danger but MOST uncomfortable and makes a mockery of the ide of a pleasant experience.
The train is light and airy You can have your own food and if you have a pet "game set and match"

Returned early this morning, 3 am. Checked prices in Luxembourg yesterday eve, ferry £107, train £118. The only time I'll go ferry route is if it's half cost of train, can't remember the difference being as little as £11 before though.

Caz, you seem to be in the minority! Great to be individual, but you should give the tunnel a go. Effectively free with Tesco tokens ... you have to pay for pets.

I always use Tesco vouchers for as much of the fare as I can. Even though I nearly always shop in Tescos and use their credit card all the time. I don't build up enough to pay for it all, and as you say I still have to pay for the dog on tunnel or ferry anyway.

I have given the tunnel a go, as I said above I tried it this year even though it cost more, and all the above comments are based on the stressful experience I had. I did not like it at all. Maybe it's like childbirth and eventually I will forget the nasty bits and only remember the good things about it ........... err, I stayed with the dog, (but he doesn't seem to mind being left in the van on the ferry anyway) but I can't think of any other good points. There are 3 years between my kids, so maybe I'll try again in 3 years.

We always use the tunnel. Our routine is to book a cheap late evening crossing and park up in cite Europe for the night where we always sleep well. We tend to travel down from Birmingham area on a Friday after work but often arrive early and in most instances are put on an earlier crossing without charge. In which case we may head on further afield before stopping. Once we we left early and checked in 8 hours before our scheduled crossing but we’re put and a train within the hour. Likewise if the M25 delays us were put onto a later crossing without a penalty.

Tunnel every time and paid for with Tesco vouchers! Currently sitting in excellent sire in Calais going for our return crossing this morning after 7 weeks in Italy. Can’t wait to get home?...........

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back