Sir David Attenborough

Eurobiker330

Free Member

Its not really a fun or a joke more a tit bit.
Just watching David Attenboroughs favourite moments which made me think what a gentleman he is.
1 of my brothers was a Royal Marine in 1980, seconded onto the HMS Endurance in 1980 I think it was.
Sir David was filming one of his Life on Earth series in the South Atlantic in the Falklands and was on board.
The Endurance which researched in the South Atlantic yearly was due to be scrapped due to `Budgets` after that trip in 1981, then the Falklands War happened in 1982 and was then continued.
After the series was shown on TV, my dad wrote to Sir David, explaining he really enjoyed the series, particularly because one of his sons was on Board the ship while filming.
A short while later he recieved a reply, a hand written letter and a signed copy of the book on the series from Sir David, thanking him for his letter and in particular remembered him for firing a warning shot above a Polar Bear which the crew had not seen approaching them!
One of lifes true gentlemen.
G

Jusr read this, some boolx being said here, there are NO Polar bears in the South Atlantic, or there would no no penguins.

The real reason Polar bears don't eat penguins is because they are unable to remove the foil wrapper.

No ! They can't afford them !
Printing pictures of penguins and Pb's is great even on a monochrome printer !

The real reason there are no polar bears in the Antarctic is because of the penguins - vicious little buggers, they ganged up and ate all the polar bears.

I think I need to see that in black and white.
Please note penguins morphed into nuns !
Polar bears should really be called.....half-polar bears !
Penguins are the emperors of Antarctica. Macaroni penguins originated in Italy as did Cappacinno monkeys/monks.
When an Italian boy asked for more spaghetti. His mother replied..
"It doesn't grow on trees !"

There are two types of penguin, black ones and white ones. The difference?

The white ones are walking towards you and the black ones are walking away from you!

Davy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back