Sites between Seville and Gibraltar

Woody 3

Free Member

Hi All. We are looking for a site somewhere between Seville and Gibraltar for the end of August. Can anyone recommend anything in this area? Thanks.

Hi All. We are looking for a site somewhere between Seville and Gibraltar for the end of August. Can anyone recommend anything in this area? Thanks.
There are several sites on the road just before Tariffa beach locations. Also lots of wild camping there too winter time, not sure about August though.

We loved El Puerto de Santa Maria...............I think its an ASCI site.
Easy ferry for a trip to Cadiz.........can't wait to go again

There are several sites on the road just before Tariffa beach locations. Also lots of wild camping there too winter time, not sure about August though.
Pretty sure, the Tarriffa site on the opposite of the road is now closed. Moved on by officials from the beach site last year.
The spot I’m referring to, is the site used by the wind surfers.

i would build a trip to ronda into your plans stunning place medieval town built either side of a gorge there is free parking wilding and 50547766-3F36-4370-91AE-A57081264326.pnga couple of private camper aires at about €12_15 a night and a camping site at about €20_25 all within 1km of center but that doesn’t matter as it’s all steep

You can park across the road

We loved El Puerto de Santa Maria...............I think its an ASCI site.
Easy ferry for a trip to Cadiz.........can't wait to go again
https://ibb.co/d2Tfh8F Big vote for El Puerto de Santa Maria, we spent several nights free on the beach here and took the ferry to Cadiz , lovely town too , not far to Jerez, we took our van there and found off street parking easily, I did not mention El Peurto in my original post as I thought it might be a bit off the route that the OP wanted but a great place to visit, a huge market held 200 yards from the squat too .

i would build a trip to ronda into your plans stunning place medieval town built either side of a gorge there is free parking wilding and View attachment 60016a couple of private camper aires at about €12_15 a night and a camping site at about €20_25 all within 1km of center but that doesn’t matter as it’s all steep
Yes we wild camped there a few years ago , didn't know it was still available. take a walk below that bridge and explore the Arab Baths there , super walk .

https://ibb.co/d2Tfh8F Big vote for El Puerto de Santa Maria, we spent several nights free on the beach here and took the ferry to Cadiz , lovely town too , not far to Jerez, we took our van there and found off street parking easily, I did not mention El Peurto in my original post as I thought it might be a bit off the route that the OP wanted but a great place to visit, a huge market held 200 yards from the squat too .
El Puerto has loads of options . All along the coast from the campsite . Particularly like the little beach near the marina . Big carpark across the river from the town .
Filling station nearby which allows filling and emptying if buying fuel , operated by a very helpful , friendly guy [name escapes me] . Also shopping centre with full facilities .
All the above listed on all the usual sites

Hi All. Many thanks for all your suggestions. We will let you know how we get on once on the move from Lagos in Portugal. Certainly El Puerto looks the favorite at present and we had planned to go to Ronda at some stage.

Does anyone know if the Parking area for Motorhomes by the ferry to Ayamonte at Vila Real De Santa Antonio is open at present? Stopped there many times in the past and like the town.

Does anyone know if the Parking area for Motorhomes by the ferry to Ayamonte at Vila Real De Santa Antonio is open at present? Stopped there many times in the past and like the town.
Stopped there often myself . Would be shocked if it wasn't operating . Think it is a good source of income to the town

https://ibb.co/Bfc5jm2 ROTA SPAIN another good place , lovely town, bus calls at the AIRE plenty of wild camping too, aire is free, water ,toilet dump free, very popular place, loved it. we found a super bar, Tapis 1 euro , beer 1 euro huge choice of Tapis too.

A couple of sites at Conil de la Frontera we have stayed on in the distant past which were ok.
Yes, our favourite area, especially Roche ACSII. NB we've only ever been in the winter. Good local shops in El Colorado and beaches near El Puerto Conil, and Conil itself, all 30mins cycle from site.

Pretty sure, the Tarriffa site on the opposite of the road is now closed. Moved on by officials from the beach site last year.
The spot I’m referring to, is the site used by the wind surfers.
Always plenty of surfer campers round there...even busy in winter when we visit. There was also a secure car park by the police station in town set up a couple of years ago...

There's one on top of a hill at Olvera which might be cooler than many other inland sites? ACSII.

One of our favourite places, only visited in winter though. Fantastic birdwatching, good bars and restaurants but few, difficult to find shops.
One of my pictures shows the large local Supermarket and also a big market held weekly, shops all over we found??

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back