Small mobility scooter

Pudsey Bear

I already have a fold-up one for the van but it's too heavy & faffy to get it out and put it into the car, and I only really need it to go shopping with Liz and maybe an odd visit somewhere so range isn't important, wasting money is though so bearing in mind its very occasional use would though more branier then I take a look and give whatever advice you can.

I already have a fold-up one for the van but it's too heavy & faffy to get it out and put it into the car, and I only really need it to go shopping with Liz and maybe an odd visit somewhere so range isn't important, wasting money is though so bearing in mind its very occasional use would though more branier then I take a look and give whatever advice you can.

Looks like this is the one your looking for as it ticks all he boxes you mentioned.
A replacement battery for mine cost a lot more than the total price of this one .

I've asked what weight it will take as I'm not lightweight.

I just looked on AliExpress too and there are tons on there, but the descriptions are really crap

I've asked what weight it will take as I'm not lightweight.

I just looked on AliExpress too and there are tons on there, but the descriptions are really crap
330 lbs. == 149 kg. Or. 23 stone. Or 5280 ozs.

I am just in the process of sending one back as it doesn't stop electrically! My hand isn't strong enough to stop it with the brake. Be aware this one has hand brakes.

I know nothing about mobility scooters, so with that caveat made here is an observation on that one in the link ...
As you steer round corners, your legs will turn as they are on pegs either side of the small front wheel. I imagine that could be quite uncomfortable and maybe create some awkward instability?
Just thinking the scooters I have happened to observe, the riders legs were always on a fixed platform and this is probably the common way for a reason?

I am just in the process of sending one back as it doesn't stop electrically! My hand isn't strong enough to stop it with the brake. Be aware this one has hand brakes.
Thanks Carol, I'm in two camps on brakes, the motor brakes seem to be good, I just wonder what would need to happen for them to fail.

I know nothing about mobility scooters, so with that caveat made here is an observation on that one in the link ...
As you steer round corners, your legs will turn as they are on pegs either side of the small front wheel. I imagine that could be quite uncomfortable and maybe create some awkward instability?
Just thinking the scooters I have happened to observe, the riders legs were always on a fixed platform and this is probably the common way for a reason?
Yes, as a main scooter that would be a big problem, but this would mainly be a supermarket hack only all very low speed Liz doesn't walk very fast.

I'm looking for something even smaller/lighter/cheaper if possible as it won't get a lot of use and I need to be able to carry it up 10 steps as I don't want it in the car all the time.

Back