Social distancing release whatever whenever!!

Carrerasax

Just an idea
Do we have group recognition in any way with Westminster?
Thinking earlier about some movement possible in the medium if not short term.
Would it be possible or practical to allow travel within own county rather than further afield not necessarily just MH fraternity but anyone.
I wonder, should we all write to our MP’s!!!!!

Trigger

I think you have to get used to the fact that we are going nowhere till at least this time NEXT year UNLESS a vaccine is found for the Covid virus. Politicians like it or not have enough on their plate to worry about without a few whinging Motor homers, Isolation is the only way out of this at the moment, we have lost 2 family members to the Virus already.

witzend

If it's saving lives lets all write to keep the lockdown as long as possible with Cornwall Council opening a mortuary in a aircraft hanger at newquay airport 3 freezer trailers at the hospital for the same purpose. How can anyone suggest lifting restrictions ?

2cv

Lifting restrictions is a delicate balancing act between saving lives and saving the economy. Whilst the economy may seem insignificant compared to lives, it needs to be saved or lives will be lost.
Lifting restrictions so that we can go out to play would be very wrong.

maingate

It is a delicate balance.

Last night it was decided to turn off life support to a 40 year old man who had attempted suicide with tablets. The economic situation caused by the virus had prompted it. As he had tested negative for the virus, arrangements were made for family to be with him when the day shift took the appropriate action, it took some organising but Nursing Staff are rightly called Angels.

2cv

As well as the situation described above, a viable economy is required to maintain a health service.

jagmanx

I suggest and hope gradual lifting of restrictions will come so people can get back to work..
As Bill says "No economy = No NHS"
However holiday travel should and I believe will remain restricted.
I suspect the possible meets for September onward may well be cancelled.
I noted the Cornwall Tourist Office effectively promoting Cornwall in the not too distant future..... I do not think so !
Remember just a month ago Cornwall was turning back tourists (rightly so)
I mention Cornwall only because it demonstrates the dilema now and ahead for Safety versus Travel/tourism.
The experts are still struggling to work out many things with this "New Virus"
Transmission and also treatment/cure etc.
It is tough all round but I suggest that most on this forum are in a lot better position than many (eg young couples with children and mortgages)

Millie Master

Because I like fast road cycling I am a member of a cycling forum known as CycleChat.

I only mention this because over the past few weeks there have been numerous posts on that forum about how fantastic it is now, riding bikes on the deserted open roads, with many of the respondents giving highly detailed information about the significant mileages they are clocking up every single day on their road bikes and by this I mean, several are regularly clocking up 50, 60 and even as much as 100 miles!!

This has made my blood boil on several occasions, but they simply don't see it as they so selfishly and steadfastly continue to ignore the regulations, which I may add they claim they are not doing.

As for me, or rather as for us, well we have 2 of our bikes mounted onto turbo trainers in our garden shed where we clock up the miles, safe in the knowledge that we are doing what is expected of us whilst still keeping fit.

With regards to the OP, on reading it, I very nearly exploded!! As others have said, the only way to beat this virus is to stay inside and to continue isolating.

mr brown

i tried a walk yesterday and even though the roads are empty , every cyclist was on the pavement . we tried to get over without falling into the ditch or road , these guys stay right in the middle, won't give an inch as they sail past ,looking straight ahead ,no mask naturally . gave up and came home

Millie Master

i tried a walk yesterday and even though the roads are empty , every cyclist was on the pavement . we tried to get over without falling into the ditch or road , these guys stay right in the middle, won't give an inch as they sail past ,looking straight ahead ,no mask naturally . gave up and came home
Well Nigel, for ignorant barstuards like this I have found that a suitably ducked down shoulder barge normally has them sprawling on the floor which with practice you can disguise it to make it look like you have stumbled just ever so slightly!!

Trigger

If it's saving lives lets all write to keep the lockdown as long as possible with Cornwall Council opening a mortuary in a aircraft hanger at newquay airport 3 freezer trailers at the hospital for the same purpose. How can anyone suggest lifting restrictions ?
Southampton Airport has a temporary Morgue too, freezer trailers again