Solar,,battery. Heating.

Carrotts

Hi ,well ,c1 revoked selling mhome. When sold getting a 3.5 mhome , So my question is. What would be best for the mhome.
Gas. Refillable
Heating of water!!!!!
Heating of habitation !!!!!!!!
Solar Say 2x 150 watt
Batterys 2x 150 ah Lithium or.
Mhome use mostly wild Every 4/5 days ehu one night,, Moving 30 to 50 miles every other day To charge vehicle and leisure batts. Run fridge,,12v mobile gas static when mhome on drive it is o 24/7 ehu
What do you recommend suggest. Hope this makes sense Brian.

As far as electrics go, I would go for the following kind of setup:
B2B for charging when driving. Use the same unit as in the current unit, but probably just straight B2B rather than combo unit (so an AMC rather than an AMS). These are compatible with Lithium as well as Lead Acid.
MPPT Solar for charging when wilding. For a pair of 150W Panels, I'd pair that up with a Victron SmartSolar 100/20
I think Lithium makes sense for your van for the weight saving as much as the better capacity. Remember you need to half the quoted capacity for lead compared to lithium, so a 150Ah Lithium is pretty equivalent to 300Ah of Lead Acid for usability. Admin Phils experience of the Relion LiFePO4 Lithiums seem pretty positive and I understand they have built-in low temperature protection. Not sure if you would need two if you have a gas cooker and gas fridge?
I would definately recommend a proper State of Charge Battery Monitor, especially if you go Lithium. The Victron BMV will monitor your battery bank and is compatible with Lithium Systems (saying this as there is some opinion floating around that it is not). The BMV-712 is the model to go for as it has a very low draw current of just 1mA

Gas refillable yes. Gasit.
Alde wet heating is fantastic uses very little amps.
300w solar with good mppt controller.
We have another solar panel 150w regulator and 2 stand alone bats for invertor.
So when useing it doesn't use power from Hab bats .
Took a while finding the right van offering the layout and size payload.
We ended up with a Bailey 740 approach so much space in a van at just 7.4 mtrs

I find keeping below 3500kg is difficult and went for:
1x14kg Alugas refillable (best gas to weight ratio I could find)
1xEFOY fuel cell (expensive but light - with fuel about the same weight as a second lithium battery)
1x100Ah lithium
1x B2B
The fuel cell (140 model) can produce more Ah in 24 hours than a 100Ah battery so I don’t need a second battery. The B2B makes sure the battery is full when we arrive and the EFOY keeps it there. If we are only making a 1 night stop I turn the EFOY off to save fuel and let the B2B recharge the battery the next day.

Hi all thank you. For info so far. ,,,,,,,,The Bailey approach 730 is one we have already earmarked as possible so. mr mrs tupcox if you would like to pm us with further info on your 74o ( I believe 740 fixed bed. 730 transverse island ) we would love to hear more Thank you.

At 7.62m by 2.41m I think you will be challenged to keep that 730 below 3500kg. I would get the dealer to weigh it before deciding what accessories you have the capacity to carry. I would not trust the advertised payload, they are allowed a 5% tolerance on the MIRO which could mean they have already swallowed 150kg of the modest payload. My motorhome is a different make but when it arrived it was already 130kg heavier than advertised and I am told this is not unusual with many manufacturers.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back