Solar controller

Peisinoe

I have an Hymer with a 100w solar panel going through a Schaudt regulator rated at 18amps into the control panel. I want to add another 2 150w panels which together may produce 34amps. Question. I take it i need to beef up the regulator but will the control block take the extra or do I go straight to the batteries. I have 3 110amp batteries connected.

I have an Hymer with a 100w solar panel going through a Schaudt regulator rated at 18amps into the control panel. I want to add another 2 150w panels which together may produce 34amps. Question. I take it i need to beef up the regulator but will the control block take the extra or do I go straight to the batteries. I have 3 110amp batteries connected.

The EBL is actually a 16 amp leisure battery charger with another 2 amps going to the engine battery. If you disconnect from the EBL you need to make sure the new uprated charger will still put charge into the engine battery. You will also lose the readouts on your control panel. If you are a bit of a geek, you will need to add something else to see your amps, volts, watts etc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back