Solar Panel Kit - Mobile or Store Installation

Nick-Mandy

Hi folks,
I need some recommendations for professionally fitting two more 120w panels on the roof of my Elddis 185, a battery charger, two AGM batteries in boxes, and a Victron BMV712 monitor.
I know most of it is relatively easy to do myself, but I am no DIYer and even the simple jobs I manage to cock up (can I say that..?).

Apart from Sunstore in West Sussex, can anyone recommend or direct me to a mobile or store unit that could help.
I live in postcode PE15 (20 miles east of Peterborough)

Personally if possible i would go mobile , more convenient as the van should not driven until adhesives has fully cured .1 to 2 days was the recommendation.

Agree with @Molly 3
Try here

with help from phil i collected mine from midsummer solar just down the road from you at cambridge they do supply complete kits etc & advertise recommended fitters but whether that’s for house type installations i don’t know , but i would have thought there were mobile fitters around you ,

There is a good supplier near Norwich who seem sound. They don't fit or recommend but did advise on a mobile fitter.
Because of lockdown v2, I am unable to do anything this side of 2020, it will have to be early spring now.
So... plently of time to think about this more.

Thanks for your advice
Keep safe and sane over the coming months.

Hi folks,
I need some recommendations for professionally fitting two more 120w panels on the roof of my Elddis 185, a battery charger, two AGM batteries in boxes, and a Victron BMV712 monitor.
I know most of it is relatively easy to do myself, but I am no DIYer and even the simple jobs I manage to cock up (can I say that..?).

Apart from Sunstore in West Sussex, can anyone recommend or direct me to a mobile or store unit that could help.
I live in postcode PE15 (20 miles east of Peterborough)
I'm looking to find someone to fit mine for me aswell (cambridge area).Just a thought if u use a mobile fitter and using a bonding agent I think the temp has to be above 10 degrees to cure

If you fit solar today, it will start to generate something useful by around next March.

In other words, you guys would be much better off just waiting for next spring when Solar will actually start meaning something AND the weather is much more condusive for installation

I have to say because I can tilt my panels up to 90 degrees I can harvest as much sun in the winter on a SUNNY day as I can in the summer.

I have to say because I can tilt my panels up to 90 degrees I can harvest as much sun in the winter on a SUNNY day as I can in the summer.
Except you have not STUCK down your panels, which is what these people are talking about. (try tilting a panel that is stuck down ;) )

David ask Phil how his panels are fixed to his roof ? and he is tilting way more panels than me.
You think the people asking for the name of a mobile solar panel fitter will be having a tiliting setup?
If you were not tilting the panels, just how effective would 200W of solar be in the winter? No need to answer - I know already as my 460W array with flat panels harvest around 30W peak in the winter.

It’s been quite sunny the last week and when the sun is on the van (got over the hill) I have been seeing low 70’s in amps with 300W flat on the roof. May be enough for a low user but for me it may do my watch and phone. Saying that I did 5 days without moving or running the genny. It goes downhill from here though lol

Check out "Project Amber" on YouTube. CJ does mobile work and by all accounts, he is very good. I think his contact link is in the YouTube description.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back