Solar panels

Does anyone coat their solars with a solution?
not something I have tried, but a product like Rain-X might prolong time between cleans? If it works on a glass windscreen it should work well on a glass solar panel?

I think I have some, so might give it a go on one panel and see how it compares (looks wise, at least) to another after a while? (got 9 panels on the roof, so plenty to experiment with :D )

Wash with Car shampoo on Leifheitt Extending Pole Window Mop and then rinse with a second Mop Head. Then wait for the rain to complete the job ...

Steve

Last edited:
Mine gets a clean once a year whether they need it or not, I use whatever is handy.

Cleaned mine yesterday !dry cloth and a spit wash bit like mum used to give me 🤣🤣🤣

Called into the local diy store for some bits and I know you don’t know quality but

Solar panel 550 watts

€99 wow really coming down in price

I’m more than sure the Wet and Forget stuff nackerd my old solar panels the were fine until I started putting it on the roof they went a kind milky sheen like a chemical reaction. I’m sure it did something to them they were fine until I used it. Better to air on the side of caution.

not something I have tried, but a product like Rain-X might prolong time between cleans? If it works on a glass windscreen it should work well on a glass solar panel?

I think I have some, so might give it a go on one panel and see how it compares (looks wise, at least) to another after a while? (got 9 panels on the roof, so plenty to experiment with :D )
Rain X say not to use it on panels David

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back