Solar this year at last.

wildebus

Yesterday is I think the first this year that I hit over 1kWh of energy produced in a single day! It doesn't help I tend to be parked in partial shade for a fair bit of the 'solar day' but hitting that target makes me happy :geek:

When I came back from the MOT this morning I decided to dump the camper in front of the driveway as well instead on driving on it in order to avoid getting shaded and hoping to get a new 2019 Clarence record (currently 810Wh at 14:11 :unsure: )

Do you mean kWh? I'm possibly having a dumb moment...
I do.
so as a recap, (instant) Power is in Watts; (stored/used) Energy is in WattHours
Harvested a total of 1.07 kWh of energy (1070Wh) in total in the day going into the batteries (or being used by the system).
Peaked at 314W of Power from the [400W worth of] panels with a maximum of 21.6A into the battery from the MPPT Controller.
It actually works out as an average of around 75W of power throughout the approx 14 Hours of the 'Solar Day' (I don't know if the 'Solar Day' is a term or not? I use that to describe the time from when Harvesting starts in the morning to it ending in the evening - Yesterday for my location, day started at 05:57 and ended at 20:21. Anyone further south, your days will be shorter at the moment, head north and it's longer of course)..

Just mentioning this 75W average as there is a tendency to forget that the panels pull in only a small amount at the start of the day and it ramps up, peaks around noon-ish and then drops down again (ignoring effects like cloud, etc), so that 400W of panels will only bring in 400W for maybe a hour at the very most. Averaging 18% of the Solar Array across the day in an Scottish April doesn't seem too bad actually, considering I am parked in a partially shaded area (today, out of the shade I am already at 1.27kWh despite it being a cloudy day)

last time up at moffat on the friday with my panels tilted up i was getting 417 watts of my 400watts of solar i think it was 27 amps was well pleased with that.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back