SOLD.... VW LT Campervan for Sale

wildebus

VW LT46 Campervan for Sale - £11,995
I am selling my VW LT45 Self-Build Campervan, converted from an '03 registered Minibus. Note this is over 3.5t GVW and so a C1 license (automatically granted if passed your test before 1997) is required.

This is finished in a very distinctive "Daktari" Zebra-stripe exterior which gets loads of admiring looks and reaction. The stripes were put on using long-life vinyl by a professional sign-writer so have been expertly applied but because they are quality Vinyl can be removed easily if you wanted a more mundane appearance.
The Camper is MOTed until April 2022 (so near enough the full 12 month ticket) with no advisories noted (I instructed the garage prior to the MOT to deal with anything that might come up!).
PS. This is recorded with DVLA as a "Motor Caravan" on the V5C and so has the regular Class 4 MOT and subject to the same Speed Limits as a car (the ULW is 2.95t).

The Camper is setup as an Electric-Only Camper, so no need to use expensive calor gas cylinders or hunt for LPG filling stations - the massive Battery Bank and large Solar Array will provide the power you need (y)

(I'll put some more photos up after I do some washing and tidying inside, but here is a older photo)
39575883175_7af158f3a7_k.jpg

Vehicle Features:
LWB High Roof - You can stand upright in the van even if you are 6 foot tall (or 5' 6" if you have a beehive hairsytyle).
VW 2.8L 158BHP CR Diesel Engine. This is recognised as the best engine in the VW Van range for this model and is a sort-after version
5 speed Gearbox
ABS Braking
All Round Disc Brakes with brand new front discs and pads and other braking components such as pipes.

Exterior Features:
'Daktari' style Zebra Stripe finish
Rear Door Mounted Spare Wheel
"Dually" Twin Rear Wheels
All wheels fitted with Michelin Aglis Camping Tyres
Fiamma CaravanStore
rollout awning
Front LED Light Bar
460W PV/Solar Panel Array
MaxxAir Extreme Fan
(can be operated in the rain and when driving, unlike any other fant/vent system)
Towbar - I use this for occasional "garden trailer" towing and also with a Thule EasyRack
Rear Door Ladder - A Rhino Rack brand heavy duty ladder is mounted to allow for easy access to the roof to clean the solar panels and to use the rear of the roof for any luggage

Interior Features:
Large FIXED Double Bed
with a fantastically comfortable mattress. Also features an electric blanket to get extra-toasty on those cooler nights.
Maxxair Fan over bed with temperature controlled operation. This is just the best fan system on the market bar non!
Diesel Heater with Digital Controller - warms up the interior really fast!
Front swivelling Captains seats with height adjust (drivers), recline and armrests.
Galley Kitchen with Worktop, Sink, Mixer Tap and Hob. Drawers and cupboards underneath plus fridge.
50L of Fresh Water Storage within the garage space, pumped to the tap with a Shurflo Water Pump
30L of Grey/Waste
Storage, mounted under the floor at the rear
Storage Cupboard with Sliding Worktop incorporating pan storage below, plus Portapotti storage (A new one will be provided as part of the sale :) )
Large 94L Electric Compressor Fridge with icebox compartment
2000W Induction Hob - this Induction hob works extemely fast and way quicker than gas. With the big 645Ah battery bank and large roof-mounted solar array you can use both when hooked up AND when off-grid without any problems
2000W Water Heater - The 10 Litre Water Heater is very fast to heat up the water to a lovely temperature just using the batteries - no need for gas. The water can be used at the sink for general washing and with the external shower system
645Ah Lead Carbon AGM Battery Bank - This battery bank is from NorthStar, one of the most respected Battery Brand globally.
Victron 12/3000/120 Multiplus - This is a 120A Battery Charger as well as a 2400W Inverter and with other benefits such as Automatic Transfer Switch and Power Assist features. Suffice to say this is the "Rolls Royce" of both Chargers and Inverters
Victron SmartSolar 100/30 MPPT Solar Controller - with a bluetooth app you can monitor and control this superb Solar Charger.
Victron BMV-712 SOC Battery Monitor - Keep an eye on that humongous battery bank with this top-of-the-range Battery State of Charge monitor. You can check via the display or via the Victron Connect Bluetooth App
Victron Cyrix-ct 230A Battery Combiner - this intelligent relay is very power and the ideal split-charge companion to the SmartSolar MPPT Charger and the 120A Smart Charger built into the Victron Multiplus
Large "Garage" accessible from the rear doors and extending the length of the bed. This also incorporates a large drawer setup on heavy duty rails

Extras - These are included for a sale at the asking price
12V 15" TV with Aerial
Cadac Safari 2 BBQ with all standard accessories and bag, plus Camping Gaz cylinder and hose
Thule Easy Base TowBar Mounted Luggage and Cycle Rack.
Shower Tent and External Shower System

I'll post more pictures in the next few days. Camper will be available for viewing and test driving from beginning of May

Last edited:
Videos to accompany listing

Video 1 of 5

Video 2 of 5

Video 3 of 5

Video 4 of 5

Video 5 of 5

Plus 2, hope the new folks are W C folks

He will be living around North Wales but no doubt wandering the highways and byways of the UK :)

The spirit of Clarence will still live on with me though.... Bought a new throw for the Motorhome (cat loves padding with her sharp claws too much :( ) and of course had to get a Zebra one :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back