Somplon tunnel

Carrerasax

What is access and egress like as my co-driver is not keen on steep drops over the edge!!!!😀

Try Streetview. Search Somport Tunnel on Google Maps (you had me going for the Simplon Tunnel for a minute :)) You should be able to get a good idea from that. If it's still a worry for her go at night :devilish:.

Try Streetview. Search Somport Tunnel on Google Maps (you had me going for the Simplon Tunnel for a minute :)) You should be able to get a good idea from that. If it's still a worry for her go at night :devilish:.
Interesting we never travel at night considering we have weeks or months to do so, not sure she would find that better or worse!!!!

What is access and egress like as my co-driver is not keen on steep drops over the edge!!!!😀
Only done it twice but we can't remember it having any Spanish side is better roads than the French we went down to Jaca aire for over night theres a lot on utube one here

Only done it twice but we can't remember it having any Spanish side is better roads than the French we went down to Jaca aire for over night theres a lot on utube one here

Ta v much , looks ok, on a Sunday even without oncoming lorries!!!
How much is the tunnel. We’re a bit horrified at €60 for fregus last year one way!!!!😩

Somport tunnel very easy and don’t forget to visit Canfranc and its fantastic historic railway station just as you exit the tunnel on the Spanish side (google it)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back