Soup maker

Deleted member 11

Soup maker

Not necessarily MH only, but has anyone got any good recipes.

We've just got a soup maker, after being well impressed with our friend's when we had lunch there.
We like soup but it's always a fad to cook it, blitz it etc. With this you basically chuck everything in and 20mins later, hot smooth soup.
​​​​​​​

We have soup most days ... pressure cooker and hand blended. You can google actual recipes, but our favs are:
  • cauliflower, cumin and coconut milk
  • celeriac and roasted hazelnut
  • pea and mint
  • Leek and potato with blue cheese melted in at the end, then blended
  • pumpkin or butternut squash with ginger and honey
  • heinz tomato knock off
  • Curried mung bean and vegetable
  • French puy lentil with bacon and vegetable
  • brocoli and almond
  • brocoli and Stilton
  • curried aubergine
When I can’t get hold of celery (such as around Antibes, would you believe it) I use celery salt.

Enjoy ...

Mmmm I do a lot of home made soups but I don’t tend to blend them all as I do like soups with chunks in. I’ll dig out my recipe book when I get home as post a couple.

It has settings for smooth or chunky, carrot & coriander is going to be our first attempt I think.

Carrot and coriander is a favourite, as is butternut squash(just mind your fingers). You can chuck carrots in with butternut squash too.
My signature soup is minestrone. Unfortunately I don't think it would translate well to a soup maker, cos all the ingredients are added one at a time, it seems to help to build the flavour.
My sister in law uses one of those machines and they make really good soup.
I think the secret is to only use a few ingredients and don't forget to season it.

Well with xmas coming up I had to get the maid something (she didn't think much to the iron I got her last year)

Edina;n6745 said:
Well with xmas coming up I had to get the maid something (she didn't think much to the iron I got her last year)

More use than the satellite system David bought me one Christmas.:poop_Emoji::poop_Emoji::poop_Emoji:

Easy / Lazy soup
We use a cheapo packet soup but enhanced......

1 Finely chop mushrooms onions pepper (or whatever is in the hoover bag)
2 Fry them up in a saucepan using butter or spread
3 Add water and cheapo packet soup ( eg Broccoli and Stilton or Carrot and Coriander or Chicken and mushroom or .....) simmer gently
4 Bingo 5 min later nice tasty soup

Maybe dryfry buttered bread for croutons or simply warm bread or rolls etc
We use a good quality non-stick frying pan for this
Soupmaker = more clutter expense weight etc (IMHO)

I burnt my legs making tin soup,it said on the tin perce lid and stand in boiling water for ten mins.

I'm with Trev, it comes in tins. If you want to save space and weight in the van it also comes in packets.

Favourite soup maker recipe is Lentil soup. Normally do it chunky so it doesn't end up like baby food. A few good wallops of Hot-Headz Liquid Hickory Smoke at the end to give it that ham hock taste. :biggrin:

Celery and cashew nuts. Lots of recipes on the internet for this rather bizarre combination, however, it really works. I used a couple of vegetable oxo cubes for the stock. I think I made half, so just one head of celery. Must be sieved or "it's a bit nutty" :wink:

Soup.jpeg

yorkslass;n6744 said:
Carrot and coriander is a favourite, as is butternut squash(just mind your fingers). You can chuck carrots in with butternut squash too.
My signature soup is minestrone. Unfortunately I don't think it would translate well to a soup maker, cos all the ingredients are added one at a time, it seems to help to build the flavour.
My sister in law uses one of those machines and they make really good soup.
I think the secret is to only use a few ingredients and don't forget to season it.

First one we tried was carrot & coriander with sweet potato - scrummy

7 large carrots
1 large sweet potato
Handful of coriander - chopped
3/4 pint veg stock
Seasoning and coriander for garnish

Peel and chop carrots and swt pot and roast for 30 mins with a drop of olive oil, Bung it all in the machine with the coriander and stock on the smooth setting for 20 mins.

Not quite as easy as opening a tin, but well worth it and all natural ingredients without the additives.

Last edited by a moderator:
mushroom soup reciepes open tin pour in pan heat and eat serve with croutons

Edina;n9048 said:
Not quite as easy as opening a tin, but well worth it and all natural ingredients without the additives.

Might be just me, but I find that homemade soup is much more filling than tinned.

Cooked chicken and veggies in pressure cooker tonight for a quick on the road meal. Loads of ‘jus’ left, so I threw in another stock cube, some more herbs and some red lentils ... 20 mins later ... soup for tomorrow ... and no extra washing up ?

Fry onion and chopped bacon. Boil potatoes, keep the water, mash potatoes, add onion and bacon, maggie salt & pepper add the water to thickness of soup you prefer.
you can chuck in other vegetables if you want.

I used to like Mock Turtle soup as a youth but they are hard to find up here now. Any sightings please PM.

Alf

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back