Spain this winter

Things are very bad over sorry to say many villages and towns are still reporting cases of the vires only a lot is not being reported on the news they estimate it will be another 3 / 4 years before its clear over here many bars restraint's closing if there are open you have to book a table when you get there its like half empty because they only so many in, :confused:

Have a ferry booked for January so we shall see, at the moment yes we are going

We have a ferry booked from Newhaven to Dieppe on Thursday. I have checked with our insurance company and we are still covered, despite FCO advice. People we know who are in France and Spain at the moment report back that everything is operating as normal (with spacing/mask restrictions, of course) and that they feel safe. We intend to travel through rural areas of France and Spain where infection rates are low. Our intended destination - the campsite in Almeria Province where we usually spend the winter - reports no cases. The hospitals are reporting that there are few admissions and death rates are low. It seems that the vast majority of cases are among the "young" and most are asymptomatic. That still means that you have to be careful, of course, but the general feeling is that you are as safe there as anywhere if you do things properly. If we do feel unsafe anywhere, then we can just turn round and come back but a motorhome is a good place to self-isolate.

I really don’t think it matters where you are at present, apart from obvious hot spots.
Common sense is an age old practice that still holds firm.
I can appreciate if you’re poorly in a foreign country hospital it may be very alien but our days are planned by an authority far superior to this world.
So, take care and try to keep safe.
😀

I really don’t think it matters where you are at present, apart from obvious hot spots.
Common sense is an age old practice that still holds firm.
I can appreciate if you’re poorly in a foreign country hospital it may be very alien but our days are planned by an authority far superior to this world.
😀

I agree. It can be a bit daunting if you are in hospital and can't understand the language very well. We have had that experience but the treatment we have received - especially in Spain - has been superb, so we are not worried about that aspect.

but our days are planned by an authority far superior to this world.
😀
[/QUOTE]
Boris..?
Vladimir P ?
Donald J Fart.. ?
Lord help.us..
Just do what you feel confident about.
Believe nothing else.

Enjoy your adventures.

We have a ferry booked from Newhaven to Dieppe on Thursday. I have checked with our insurance company and we are still covered, despite FCO advice. People we know who are in France and Spain at the moment report back that everything is operating as normal (with spacing/mask restrictions, of course) and that they feel safe. We intend to travel through rural areas of France and Spain where infection rates are low. Our intended destination - the campsite in Almeria Province where we usually spend the winter - reports no cases. The hospitals are reporting that there are few admissions and death rates are low. It seems that the vast majority of cases are among the "young" and most are asymptomatic. That still means that you have to be careful, of course, but the general feeling is that you are as safe there as anywhere if you do things properly. If we do feel unsafe anywhere, then we can just turn round and come back but a motorhome is a good place to self-isolate.
John all the deaths are not being reported on the news here Spain needs tourist and its not true in our aria many people have died from the vires so take care where you go and binge extra masks with you, some places want 6 euro's for one , Have a safe trip.

John all the deaths are not being reported on the news here Spain needs tourist and its not true in our aria many people have died from the vires so take care where you go and binge extra masks with you, some places want 6 euro's for one , Have a safe trip.

Thanks. I know that the rate of infection and deaths varies from area to area and I know that you should take media reports with a pinch of salt, so we have based our decision on first-hand information. As I said, our contacts report back that things are ok in the areas we will be going to. I know the situation can change but in a motorhome we can not only isolate but also get back if we need to. so, on balance, we have decided that we should give it a go. After all, it will be our last chance to spend an extended winter in Spain before Brexit :)

PS we have dozens of masks - Jenny has been making them since lockdown!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back