Spanish Motorway Tolls 2024

Rapido9

I wonder if anybody has current experience of the motorway tolls both the AutoPistas (toll) & the Autovias (nominally free)? Having Googled for information I am even more confused given the conflicting information online. It seems that all motorways were due to become toll roads in 2024, has this happened? I am planning a trip from San Sebastian to Almeria and would rather spend the toll money in the Tapas bars, as an opportunity choice. Any up to date advice would be very welcome. Thanks in advance.

No, tolls have not been introduced as yet, but there are still some Autopistas where tolls are paid.

If you use the Viamichelin route planner you can get a breakdown of tolls, but it depends on your vehicle.

Thank you for your response. My confusion was caused whilst looking on-line at Spanish ex-pat newspapers, they stated; in essence that Brussels had imposed the responsibility to charge tolls on all motorway type roads from 2024. Of course I wondered if the rule had been implemented. I agree re. Viamichelin - a brilliant programme but there is no information on when it was updated.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back