Spanish Vultures.........and Spanish Vultures

Griffon Vultures above Casares, Andalucia:

WP_20181210_16_05_44_Pro (3).jpg

WP_20181210_16_15_52_Pro (2).jpg

.......and Spanish Vultures in Fuengirola:

WP_20181210_17_13_49_Pro (3).jpg

Unrestricted parking bay - and paying the fine effectively consummed many, many hours.
However, I do recommend both Fuengirola and Casares!

Colin ???

Ouch.
That made my fine in Freiburg Germany of €10 almost insignificant.
It sounds that you had as much difficulty paying as I did.
We must look at as the great tapestry of life and move on.
Casares is beautiful even if a bit cold up there in the mountains.

Ouch.
That made my fine in Freiburg Germany of €10 almost insignificant.
It sounds that you had as much difficulty paying as I did.
We must look at as the great tapestry of life and move on.
Casares is beautiful even if a bit cold up there in the mountains.

Actually it was a bargain, Lee.
I've wild camped about 75 nights since leaving the UK so it works out at about 2€ per night.
And did you notice that I got a 50% discount on the 300€ fine?
The more fines one manages to get in Fuengirola, the more you can potentially save.
It took 3 days to sort because there's no process in place to pay over a weekend when the Town Hall is closed. And the young lady I talked to in the council offices very kindly agreed to my suggestion that she phones her friend in the police force to get the paperwork across to her the same day. Usually that takes one week!
She initially offered to post the fine to the UK.
In Spanish.
With no discount.
And payment had to be within 30 days or there's the risk of court proceedings.
In Spanish.
And I'd still be pottering around mainland Europe when the paperwork arrives in the UK, if at all.
Have you ever read 'Catch 22' by Joseph Heller?

Colin ???

We saw a strange event involving vultures in the Picos. A cow had died in the next field. It was weekend and the’man who deals with dead cows’ was not due till Monday. It seemed as if all the vultures in northern Spain had arrived for the feast, hundreds of them gathering all around, filling the skies. On the carcass was the expected seething mass gorging themselves, but those who could not yet fit in were all lined up in an orderly queue right across the field. Gradually as the queue shuffled forward others would land and tag onto the end of the queue. Bizarrely orderly!! More so than Spanish commuters!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back