Spare wheel carrier

Sean

Driving in front of me last week I saw spare wheel carrier that appeared to be connected to the camper attached by the rear door hinges.
Does anyone recognise my simple description?
If so where can I source one?

Thanks in anticipation of help.

What was the camper?

That's the one. Brill and thanks

I believe it was a Movano

I'm sure a short Googly will find them for any van.

found a supplier on eBay. I don't have an account the hunt is on.

Easy enough to set up a eBay account and a Paypal account 10 minutes tops, job done.

That I know.
EBay is not my favourite of companies so I will never use them.

Not mine either but it's where stuff is these days, Amazon might have some but I think they are THE worst, or you could get one made at a price.

That's the one. Brill and thanks
Great for a Ducato . Tyre slashed a few months ago got RAC to change wheel . Turns out he stripped the mechanism for lowering spare wheel carrier . Fortunately fiat dealer replaced it under warranty .
Possibly more importantly if you are roadside you access the mechanism on the traffic side !

Another joy for right hand drive vans from a left hand drive country.

Check your scuttle panel drain hole.

Driving in front of me last week I saw spare wheel carrier that appeared to be connected to the camper attached by the rear door hinges.
Does anyone recognise my simple description?
If so where can I source one?

Thanks in anticipation of help.
What van do you have?
Also,out of interest, how much was the one you saw on eBay?

This is the spare wheel carrier I had made for my VW LT (Mercedes Sprinter) ...
1629302546857.png

£260

maybe got for the DIY option?
I had mine made by a local engineering company, then power-coated by another local company - all in under £150 IIRC

I made mine too, but shotblasted & 2 packed and would never use powder for outside jobs, wild buses job looks the tool for you.sw  3.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back