Special card for french aires help

St3v3

Drove to one earlier that was saying about a card that you charge up to use to gain entry.

Can I just use a credit card at the gate?

If not, can I get a card in a shop somewhere?

How many of the paid aires use this system? We're exclusively in Normandy for this trip...

If its a www.campingcarpark.com aire it should be possible to get a card at the gate for 5 euros, which you can then use every other time you use one of their aires. Sorry don't know about using a credit card.
There is another group for aires. Aire Services @ airepark.com I have not used them so can't help with their systems.

Last edited:
I was looking at the machine, but couldn't see an obvious way of getting a card, it just seemed to say about topping up. Maybe just missed it!

Camping Carpark aires req the card which You can buy at the terminal but I've seen French having troubles with them. once you have the card its easily topped up on line. We bought ours on line before we left home and it was posted to us you only need to top it up just before leaving the aire so no hugh amounts involved Don't think its available at any outlets

We had the same dilemma the first time we used one of these machines, we just phoned the number on the machine gave them payment over the phone and then remotely they had a card come out of the machine instantly

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back