Spring 2019

Trotter

If anyone has been following my road trip thread, will understand that I’m disappointed with the weather I’ve experienced so far.
I'm directing this question to experienced Euro travellers.
Is the cold, wet and today, windy weather I’ve been experiencing over the last couple of months, unusual or fairly typical?

For those who have not been following my posts, I’m talking about March, April, May in Spain and Portugal.

I’ll do this trip again, finances and marital permission in place. Next time, I’d be better prepared.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Last edited:
I first started going to Spain and in the winter/spring in 2001. Every year the old hands said "This year is not as good as last year". It can be anything. Been sunburnt, frozen and fed up of rain allnin the same week. Today in Slovenia it is cold wet and windy. Last week sheltered from the hot sun. Situation normal.

Told you Del, weather is weather mate, may be warmer weather further south but that’s it, can be good bad or indifferent.

Just take some jumpers with your shorts. Suppose it doesn’t help being a southern shandy drinking softie huh :)

Told you Del, weather is weather mate, may be warmer weather further south but that’s it, can be good bad or indifferent.

Just take some jumpers with your shorts. Suppose it doesn’t help being a southern shandy drinking softie huh :)
Thanks for your input Nabs. Did you see the bit that said, Experienced Euro Travellers. I was asking if the weather had changed over the last couple of years, global cooling and all that.* Not if I should pack more jumpers. As for being a SSDS, you're so fond of telling me your more of a southerner than me! ?
* I may not have made myself clear on this point. I have packed jumpers, sweaters coats even an umbrella. I wanted to return with a tan, not hyperthermia.

I spent much of my working life visiting Portugal and other parts of Europe. I don’t think that what you have experienced is at all unusual.
Thanks for that. I’ll know better next time.

Reactions: 2cv
We go for Feb, March and April.

2019 This year was very good with a few days only of cold or wet weather..
2018. Last year was really cold and wet in Portugal, we came home a couple of weeks early but ken drove across to Spain where the weather was better.
2017 Typically warm and sunny.

I think Del was expecting hot weather rather than warm

I think Del was expecting hot weather rather than warm
Wouldn’t have minded warm. I’ll be better prepared next time. If she lets me
Thinking of going to one of those spray booth suntan places before I go to Rutland. I’ll be the day glow orange one.?

Wouldn’t have minded warm. I’ll be better prepared next time. If she lets me
Thinking of going to one of those spray booth suntan places before I go to Rutland. I’ll be the day glow orange one.?
Find out where Colin goes Del :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back