Status of WuFlu .gov.uk

GMJ

Did anyone read the "38 days..." article in the Sunday Times yesterday?

Very interesting

Graham

HurricaneSmith

There has already been a 2000 word rebuttal of that article.

HurricaneSmith

I didn't put the link before Graham because it could be construed as being political, and I love this forums desire to remain steadfastly non political. I know you will not go down that road, and as it's now widely reported, here's a link to Sky News:

I was fascinated to hear that in these difficult times, the public have little faith in the media. Not surprising when even the BBC issued an apology for incorrect (sloppy) reporting of gowns and an alleged NHS Trust.

FULL TIMER

It makes you wonder about the whole thing, just looked at the figures for Norfolk 977 cases recorded in total with a population of around 915000 seems to be pretty thinly spread.

FULL TIMER

Yep - we are spread out well here :)
Not thin enough for my liking, the road we are living on in Horsford has never been so busy, joggers,walkers .cyclists etc very few really taking notice of social distancing except one of the farmers at the end of the road that has closed the public footpath through his property.

Norfolk Jim

We are near Wymondham on a road that goes to Wymondham College so since that's been shut it has been very quiet with only the odd jogger going past. Yes I've seen people walk past who I've never seen before but very few and far between with one exception - bl0ddy cyclists in groups going past in close formation and as usual shouting their heads off and destroying the bit of peace we have; they also ride too close to people walking along. Otherwise the big farmer round here is Richard Long and he leaves swathes around his fields for wildlife so people can walk round well away from others and cyclists. I know Horsford so feel for you.

GMJ

The Welsh Government has cracked down on cyclists who do long distances which should hopefully disperse the loud MAMIL's...

" Cycling should be local, as a rule of thumb limited to travelling no further than a reasonable walking distance from home. Exercising by cycling significant distances from home is not considered to be a reasonable excuse for leaving home. " - https://gov.wales/leaving-home-exercise-guidance

I don't know if this the same in England, Scotland, NI?

Graham

trevskoda

People found a loop hole,they cannot stop you going anywhere to exercise,and a gap in the law down south which means garda cannot stop folk from N Ireland going down and staying.
Many folk here seem to disregard the rules which are ask of them<common sense>and are wandering round in packs,sneeking into pubs by the back door which are on lock down,pawing all over cash points with bare hands,climbing over fences into parks, the list goes on,i would charge them with attempted murder.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)