Stay at home street party for VE Day

Normally this would be a big weekend for us.
We would be at the black country living museum most of the weekend
Dressing the part and and joining all the fun
Danceing our legs off with our dance friends.
And helping others to learn some dance steps ..

We will be back in Suffolk then and are looking forward to taking part! Our " front garden" is over the (unmade) road but as it is a cul de sac will be perfect! Hope the neighbours plan to join in!

What a fantastic day, all the celabrations and later on we had a great big party on the village green, 2 of my brothers came back from the war in Europe and we had another party for VJ day and my brother came back from Burma.
We were one very lucky family

We would be at Hereford meet now ☹️
Still - going to shock my middle class neighbours with the loads of bunting, flying the flag and proper cream tea on the front lawn. I’ll have to see if I can get some old music playing as well!

We would be at Hereford meet now ☹
Still - going to shock my middle class neighbours with the loads of bunting, flying the flag and proper cream tea on the front lawn. I’ll have to see if I can get some old music playing as well!
I made scones yesterday with the last of my flour and have ordered clotted cream and Cava from Sainsbury's! The bunting will be out too!

S
We would be at Hereford meet now ☹
Spotify has a huge playlist of ww2 songs - downloaded it for our own tea party. Thought I may try and pin my hair up 1940s style too.

Could you not sleep Katherine? Hope things are well in Turkey.
Getting hot here, about to start sea swimming. Over 65s we’re allowed out for the first time in 7 weeks yesterday, so I and I had a bike ride. Just waiting for Greek / Turkish border to open ... expecting an announcement on 15.05.

pic of our tea party. Only orange bunting, homemade. 0094A31A-5D85-4285-AEB4-15AEC6777648.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back