Sterilising fresh water system.

forthpilot

Just used the last of my bottle of steriliser from 123 products NL. I realise that chlorine based products are a no-no for the stainless steel in the water heater , but a friend has suggested I use the chemical used to clean beer pipes, which he has access to. Does anyone have experience of this.

Last edited:
I use a drop of Milton, I know I know but have been doing this for years with NO problems and i also drop a couple of sterilising tablets in the tank at times no specific plan, just as and when, I use ASDA s little angel tablets from their baby Isles, they can be used in water left for a while and the water is potable with them in it, they are also used to sterilise baby bottles and other stuff used for babies,they are as cheap as chips to buy.The tablets that is, Babies are MEGA expensive hee hee.

I've always used Puriclean to clean/sterilise the on board tank as we very really use it, followed by a dose of aquapure when we do,

Another vote here for Puriclean, adding half a tablet every fill.
We also use a water filter fitted on the cold supply to the kitchen tap, which boasts a one micron cartridge.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back