Sterling Battery Maintainer

teejay

Sterling Battery Maintainer

Any member/s got this fitted to their moho? Looks like its the best on the market I can find. Anyone know of any better? Anybody with one in use, how do you find it works for you?

Numax chargers are good ,10 or 20 ah maintenance float recovery etc.

Attachments

• lece 1.jpg
    lece 1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot-2017-12-3 Numax 12V 10A Intelligent Leisure Battery Charger Caravan Marine eBay.png
    Screenshot-2017-12-3 Numax 12V 10A Intelligent Leisure Battery Charger Caravan Marine eBay.png
    115.1 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for your input trevskoda. I'm looking to keep my engine battery topped up with a decent trickler. Sterlings 3amp seems to fit the bill and only 3 wires. Got 100w solar which does leisure but not split to charge start battery. As I understand it when wired correctly it will also allow mains hookup to do the same as the panel which should be good in winter as we get next to nothing from panel. How does the numax work in relation to that?

teejay;n9239 said:
Thanks for your input trevskoda. I'm looking to keep my engine battery topped up with a decent trickler. Sterlings 3amp seems to fit the bill and only 3 wires. Got 100w solar which does leisure but not split to charge start battery. As I understand it when wired correctly it will also allow mains hookup to do the same as the panel which should be good in winter as we get next to nothing from panel. How does the numax work in relation to that?

Use one of these charge splitters.

Attachments

• file#2028.jpg
    file#2028.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 0
Wouldn't that just split the charge 50/50 from the solar panel? I'm looking to get charge to starter battery as well as leisure, while on hookup at home during lay up. Would that do that?

I have run one of these o. 4 different vehicles depending on van types I have always been able to fit in 30 minutes or so if wiring is ok it's easy to fit near the split charge relayS in both our Auto Sleepers and Romahomes the split charge relayS and fuse boxes were under the front seats and all the necessary connections available there is only 3 wires to connect.
well made product and did what it was supposed to do.

Alf
​​​

[QqUOTE=teejay;n9225]Any member/s got this fitted to their moho? Looks like its the best on the market I can find. Anyone know of any better? Anybody with one in use, how do you find it works for you?[/QUOTE]

teejay;n9247 said:
Wouldn't that just split the charge 50/50 from the solar panel? I'm looking to get charge to starter battery as well as leisure, while on hookup at home during lay up. Would that do that?

No this one is for splitting charger to both batterys,it has a priority on wire a over wire b,so a for engine battery so you will get a start & b for service batttery,but its up to you which way.

teejay;n9247 said:

A battery master or cheaper equivalent will do that.The leisure battery takes priority,when that is fully charged it will divert a charge current to the engine battery.

wakk44;n9284 said:
A battery master or cheaper equivalent will do that.The leisure battery takes priority,when that is fully charged it will divert a charge current to the engine battery.

I would rather my starting battery gets charged first,no engine no move and no charge from alt to service battery,this unit is automatic requiring no switching by humans.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back