stickersZBE Spain

Trotter

Watching “Spain Speaks “ on YouTube, he warns of fines of €200 for not displaying a ZBE sticker. This seems to be the Spanish version of LEZ’s.
So….
1, if we all, apart from me, know about this, then tell me, or
2, As it’s Spain, knowing how laid back they can be, do we need to be concerned?

Last edited:
First I have heard about it Derek, and I have not one for display also :confused::confused:
There’s a guy on YouTube “Spain Speaks”, who explains stuff for English speaking immigrants, no sorry, I meant Expats of course.
After listening to what he had to say, I’m not sure what to do. He mentions, Madrid, Barcelona, and “some others”
It’s the, Some others, I’m concerned about.
I’ve got the French Crit air, plus the German one. If it carries on like this, I’ll not be able to see out of the windscreen because of the amount of stickers.
I found something on searching “Spanish Low Emission Zones”. I can’t remember how to put that page onto here. But if anyone is interested, they can post it themselves. One word of warning, don’t search, Spanish LEZ. It produces something entirely different.🫣

Last edited:
There’s a guy on YouTube “Spain Speaks”, who explains stuff for English speaking immigrants, no sorry, I meant Expats of course.
After listening to what he had to say, I’m not sure what to do. He mentions, Madrid, Barcelona, and “some others”
It’s the, Some others, I’m concerned about.
I’ve got the French Crit air, plus the German one. If it carries on like this, I’ll not be able to see out of the windscreen because of the amount of stickers.
Go to spec savers then you blind ex hgv gitttttttttttt😀

Derek I've not heard o this and have not displayed either but do have same as you except the German one just gonna watch talk Spain cheers
jeff what route are you doing to Portugal
today I feel good and want to get my Bach end into gear for this year ahead whoop whoop!

According to the Spanish police website N332, foreign vehicles cannot apply for a ZBE sticker, however if you have a French Crit Air or German sticker, these will be given equivalence in Spain.

Davy

Have a look at this recent thread on here, particularly post 16 with regard to Barcelona, and possibly other large cities.

Davy

According to the Spanish police website N332, foreign vehicles cannot apply for a ZBE sticker, however if you have a French Crit Air or German sticker, these will be given equivalence in Spain.

Davy
Thank you for that. A European Union LEZ Sticker would be handy..
Just had a thought.

LEZ stickers save the planet. That Scandinavian girl would be well chuffed if it was that easy.

Go to spec savers then you blind ex hgv gitttttttttttt😀
Thanks for the heads up.
Referring to your second tweet. I’m happy you’ve got your Bach into gear. Shame that you were obviously Brahms and Liszt 🖕

Watching “Spain Speaks “ on YouTube, he warns of fines of €200 for not displaying a ZBE sticker. This seems to be the Spanish version of LEZ’s.
So….
1, if we all, apart from me, know about this, then tell me, or
2, As it’s Spain, knowing how laid back they can be, do we need to be concerned?
This link Barcelona UZE criteria gives some clarification after the initial 'Can't register foreign vehicles for Crit Air equivalent Sticker'. Although you cannot a Spanish DGT Sticker, foreign vehicles must register under the Barcelona UZE, and pay an admin fee of €5 for 2 year admission to the Register of Authorised Vehicles. It then suggests that using the UZE will require a daily usage fee of €2

Getting hit with a large fine and being on the receiving end of a 'Que? I know nothing ..' Manuel style lecture from a Spanish police officer would ruin my holiday, so I would register, just for the trouble free existence. €5 is neither here nor there, and the occasional €2 payment when the SatNav sends me the wrong way down some quite narrow streets [and my parallel mistake of missing the correcting turn meant that I did 2 laps of the inner city area ...] is much more palatable

Davy
I don't think that's quite right, Davy [but I'm more than happy to be corrected, especially if it avoids a €200 fine!]

The original N332 Facebook Post said that Foreign M/Homes could not apply for a DGT Sticker because they are not registered in Spain, and that a French Crit Air, German equivalent etc would be accepted by the Spanish authorities as meeting Spanish Emissions criteria. That remains the case, but Barcelona have complicated the set up by acknowledging the 'can't register a foreign vehicle in Spain emissions' BUT then indicating that the ULEZ [the link I posted earlier was confined to Barcelona] was a separate Scheme. So you cannot register your M/Home and get a Spanish Crit Air Sticker under DGT, BUT you must register your vehicle on the separate Register for the Barcelona ULEZ, and pay a €5 Admin Fee [for being a foreigner!], before paying €2 for each day's use of the ULEZ. Your vehicle remains on the Barcelona Register for 2 years, when, presumably, we start all over again.
I just hope that this palaver doesn't have to be repeated for Madrid and other cities! 'I from Barcelona. I have ULEZ Registration' explanation to a Madrid Basil Fawlty springs to mind!

Steve

since i worked in a city for 30 years i hate them and avoid them like the plaque/covid as i understand it driving through cities on motorways is excluded ! , thats fine didn’t want to come in anyway only way they’ll learn

Look for green zones an app showing you where the LEZ zones are. Don’t by the stickers from this app though to expensive. Good map though to see where they are for routes :)

I'm just sorting out a new tablet and killing off apps I won't need and Green Zones popped up so I had a look, not used it as a sat nag yet but I'm going to try it next time I have to go into Bradford.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back