Stonehenge Is Closed For The Solstice......

.......at least The Drove is.
I've just had this message from Neil (Nabsim):

"Well nobody will be there for the solstice Colin after all. Police, tow trucks and council workers were on the drove in force yesterday and have removed everyone. It’s shut until Monday :( "

That's going to cause a bit of a stir!

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

They did the same at the autumn equinox in September after the court case they were told that temporary closures are ok but not permanent ones the closure was posted on their website re opens on Monday you can camp on their overflow car park but it’s not the same 😢

They did the same at the autumn equinox in September after the court case they were told that temporary closures are ok but not permanent ones the closure was posted on their website re opens on Monday you can camp on their overflow car park but it’s not the same 😢
No they didn’t Annie it was the Summer Solstice, it was open for both Equinox this year as I was there. It’s Wiltshire Council that got the TTRO for byway 12 and a load of others, EH only wanted one end A303 closing to stop tailbacks.

No they didn’t Annie it was the Summer Solstice, it was open for both Equinox this year as I was there. It’s Wiltshire Council that got the TTRO for byway 12 and a load of others, EH only wanted one end A303 closing to stop tailbacks.

yes your right Neil it was the summer solstice that they chucked me and Bill off along with about 12 other vans we were only doing one night on our way south. It’s an age thing 🥴

Ha ha, I only know cos I was there or I wouldn’t remember. Not sure what to do about Solstice, at Fromebridge Mill tonight but had a message off some of the regulars. Worse case I will miss it and get on the drove Monday

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back