Stop storm straps from 'thrumming'

Alan Sh

Free Member

We' have straps that go over the top of our motorhome to the other side to keep our driveaway awning in place. But in a wind, you can hear them 'thrum' (vibrate). To stop this, we get a normal washing peg and attach a teatowel (or similar) to it about half way up. Bingo - no more noise.

I hope this helps someone else.

Alan

We' have straps that go over the top of our motorhome to the other side to keep our driveaway awning in place. But in a wind, you can hear them 'thrum' (vibrate). To stop this, we get a normal washing peg and attach a teatowel (or similar) to it about half way up. Bingo - no more noise.

I hope this helps someone else.

Alan
I believe if you give them a half-turn before pegging it down that does the trick as well :) (but don't know if that also works over the roof?)

Thanks, all. I'll try that. But it does go against my OCD which wants everything straight :)

Thanks, all. I'll try that. But it does go against my OCD which wants everything straight :)
Yup. I'm the same which is why I couldn't confirm it works, just that it is meant to :D

It's an abbreviation for "obsessive compulsive disorder".

Someone who is over tidy, expects cutlery laid out in the correctly, needs items to line up perfectly..... In short, someone who is a nightmare to live with.

Someone a little like me. :oops:

Yup a single twist is enough, more is counter productive (trucks have the same problem) the van we just bought had lived under a cover, it has worn away the top layer of the paint in places, mainly over the cab and the top back also the roof lights. I'd never have one.

I tried the twisting method and it worked great. The only doenside is because the straps were over the roof rails, I had to go up there to put a twist or two in that part as well - and now I have muddy footprints on the roof to clean off:eek:

• Sad
Reactions: Rec
Yup. I'm the same which is why I couldn't confirm it works, just that it is meant to :D
It does work! We had a Raclet Solena Trailer Tent which needed 5 x 25mm wide straps to tension the fold out canvas and the halftwit worked perfectly

Steve

Ask a trucker he will tell you it works, PS but not a supermarket driver they dont know what a strap is lol
Why should I resemble that remark? 😆 🖕
Although, 20 years on bricks did teach me some things. One was to put a twist, not a halfwit, as mentioned in an earlier post, in the strap.
Another was, why slog yourself to death in the freezing snow on muddy building sites, when you could work for a supermarket, and stay in a heated cab while someone else does all the loading and unloading.👍
Old dog, new tricks 😬

Why should I resemble that remark? 😆 🖕
Although, 20 years on bricks did teach me some things. One was to put a twist, not a halfwit, as mentioned in an earlier post, in the strap.
Another was, why slog yourself to death in the freezing snow on muddy building sites, when you could work for a supermarket, and stay in a heated cab while someone else does all the loading and unloading.👍
Old dog, new tricks 😬
If the cap fits wear it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back