Sub Premium But Good

Winks

Everyone likes decent quality kit, be it for home, van or personal use. But what have folk found to be good quality without breaking the bank?

Here’s a couple I’ve bought that are very good value. Both brands are on the recommendation of our son. Anker for a Bluetooth speaker, Soundcore 2.
Aukey for noise cancelling earbuds and a 240v/usb charger.

In common with most blokes I’d go for Bose, Genelec, JBL etc. but with age comes a certain wisdom (tight fistedness) and you don’t live with these things 24/7 unlike the yoofs.

Anyone else found cheaper stuff with good quality and functionality?

Cheers

H

Last edited:
I has been waiting to find an reduced price Avtex Soundbar for my Motorhome TV. Didn't really want to pay the £145 retail.
But not bothering to look anymore as using a Majority Bowfell sound bar at £35 instead. Sounds great (good enough for me anyway and loads better than the TV speakers) and I can live without it physically mounted to the TV :p

Don't have TV/soundbar in the M/home, but did splash the cash to overcome the thin/tinny speakers in the house TV. Bought a DALI Kubik One soundbar, with no electronic wizardry, just mechanical oomph with bamboo speaker cones that are tuned by audio engineers who work in DALI's own professional studio. Gorgeous deep bass at low volume settings, and music reproduction is magnificent. Bought the soundbar during lockdown so we would have spent the money on a holiday ... 👍

Steve

I has been waiting to find an reduced price Avtex Soundbar for my Motorhome TV. Didn't really want to pay the £145 retail.
But not bothering to look anymore as using a Majority Bowfell sound bar at £35 instead. Sounds great (good enough for me anyway and loads better than the TV speakers) and I can live without it physically mounted to the TV :p
I bought a really cheap bluetooth speaker a while back and it was ok with the tele but the Anker speaker is much better, about as good as the JBL Flip, but a third of the price. Dead handy having as much as possible on USB recharge as well.

Cheers

H

I bought a really cheap bluetooth speaker a while back and it was ok with the tele but the Anker speaker is much better, about as good as the JBL Flip, but a third of the price. Dead handy having as much as possible on USB recharge as well.

Cheers

H
You can get a bit of a problem with audio sync with Bluetooth connected speakers on a TV I think. Wired connections tend to be more reliable (and better audio quality as well).
I adapted my Soundbar to have it run from 12V DC rather than 240V AC and powers up with the same block of 12V outputs as the TV.

Cheers

H
If you are an Alexa fan and have internet access in your Motorhome (or maybe not* ?), then you can get good results with a pair of Amazon Echo Dots.
If you match the models, then you can set them up as a stereo pair, which is nice to listen to (the problem with a typical Bluetooth speaker is you have the one speaker and you loose the stereo effect).
I tend to use these direct on the Internet rather than use another device such as a phone to stream and then connect to a speaker (except there is one US OTR station that I can only get via a phone app and I do play that on the phone and send to the TV Soundbar via BT).

And if you have an Amazon Firestick, you can setup up the 3 devices in a Home Cinema configfuration

* not used the Bluetooth on the Echos, but you might be able to use a pair as Bluetooth stereo speakers as well?

Last month I bought the Outwell Custer Round Table for £109 which is identical to the Zempire Kitpac Round V2 Table.

However the Outwell is about 20% cheaper.

Fantastic tables if you want a big outdoor dining table but also want to store it in the back of the wardrobe.

1686299341470.png
1686299366718.png

I had one a long time ago for the van I'd bluetooth all my toons to it, Liz is very selective (mostly crap) so she didn't like proper music.

I can recall it's name it was black and brick shaped but smaller, and had an octagonal pattern on it.

Found one for sale, it had really good battery life USB charging and had a really good base tones, even Barry's stuff could break it.

Well they aren’t cheap but probably cheaper than top brands. Minrig 3 speakers are small, excellent build quality and sound, made in Bristol as well.

Only think I would say as a downside is they are Bluetooth not wireless.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back